brown spots in hp/ avocado butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made some hp with avocado butter(first time), but i have dime size spots of brown, is that the butter? is it ok, doesnt look bad, but never had it happen before.
recipe had, olive, palm, coconut, avocado butter.

IanT said:
im thinking one of the oils of or the AB went rancid? got a pic?
I will post a pic, how does it go bad? i though maybe the avc. butter did something?

Some oils/butters aren't very stable and are very sensitive to oxygen, that could be the case with your avocado butter.

Too much oxygen + oil = rancid!

Try putting an antioxidant in your soap recipe, like rosemary extract.

Danielito said:
Some oils/butters aren't very stable and are very sensitive to oxygen, that could be the case with your avocado butter.

Too much oxygen + oil = rancid!

Try putting an antioxidant in your soap recipe, like rosemary extract.

like rosemary essential oil?

honor435 said:
like rosemary essential oil?

No, essential oils and extracts are 2 different things..... don't ask me what makes them different, I'm not exactly sure... lol... but an extract and an essential oil from the same plant can have different properties.

Rosemary extract is an antioxidant and can work well to extend the shelf life of oils.

I have both rosemary extract and essential oil. The extract is a thick green liquid that has a mild, woody/herby smell. Rosemary EO is clear and has that potent menthol aroma.

Back