Breath Freshener or Liquid Toothpaste---au naturale!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christianbeauty

Reaction score
Who doesn't like fresh breath? It is a major demand for my family and friends when I make this liquid toothpaste or breath freshner

Breath Freshener:
5- drops of Veg Glycerin
10 drops Spearmint Oil
10-16 drops Peppermint Oil

Place these drops into those little squeeze bottles with the pipette tips and squeeze in your mouth,, et voila!!

Liquid Toothpaste:
1 Tsp of Xylitol ( obtain powdered form at local health food store)
20 drops of Spearmint Oil
20 drops of Peppermint Oil
2 TBSP of Veg. Glycerine

Place this in a tiny tiny jar or whatever sized jar you want to fill up (just know you must increase or decrease your measurements)---I use tiny tiny jars that are the shape of a pill jar. I dip my toothbrush inside and coat the bristles and brush away.
Mind you, this does not replace normal toothpaste since there isn't any fluoride --but I hear Xylitol is a good supplement---but who knows---

Christianbeauty, just to clarify, is it peppermint essential oil & spearmint essential oil. Wasn't sure you could put those in your mouth.
Sure going to try it otherwise.....thank you!

Yeah, I do it all the time. I put a drop in a glass and put a little water in it. Mouthwash!

misty said:
Christianbeauty, just to clarify, is it peppermint essential oil & spearmint essential oil. Wasn't sure you could put those in your mouth.
Sure going to try it otherwise.....thank you!

Misty, we use the peppermint EO for an upset tummy, a couple of drops into a teaspoon of honey settles the tummy pretty good. We also use it for mastitus on our goats udder, works fabulous to get things loosened up.

Latest posts

Back