Brand new - checking this out - interested in maybe starting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fathermikec

Reaction score
hi all. i'm a priest in NJ and kinda got interested in this by another priest-friend in CT who has been making soap for years.

Welcome to the group. There's a great group of people here who are always more than happy to help us Newbies along. I have learned a great deal from them.

Hi Father Mike
Welcome to the forum . There are lots of wonderful people here to help you out if you have any questions :D

Kitn

Making soap is a great stress relief, Father. You'll be relaxing and getting back to nature all in one....not to mention when you use your own soap. That's heaven ---oooopsss, (sorry) Welcome!

Hi!

Nice to have you here. Be forewarned, soapmaking is very addictive! :)

Jude

CastorFan said:
Making soap is a great stress relief, Father. You'll be relaxing and getting back to nature all in one....not to mention when you use your own soap. That's heaven ---oooopsss, (sorry) Welcome!

Heh. I'm glad you opened it up with the religious quips. :lol:

Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

So, what do you need to get going? I'm sure we'll shoot you into the wild blue yonder with ideas, recipes....whatever.

getting started?

OK, so what books would you all recommend I read first? The Soapmaker's Companion (I think that's what it's called) The forum is chocked full of information, no doubt, but sometimes my eyes do better with some old fashioned paper and ink. And I don't mind the religious jokes/quips/puns - in fact, God knows I'll probably make some myself (ba-doom-sis!) :D

Back