Booth/Table Displays?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corinne

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place... I wasn't exactly sure where to put it.

I've been reading up a bunch on these forums the last few weeks and I feel like I've learned a ton! I've now successfully made 7 or 8 awesome batches of soap, and am currently in the process of making some for an upcoming local farmers market.

But yesterday it hit me: I don't have a display planned out. So I ran to the store and looked around for some ideas and things, and I found some cute dishes for my lip balm testers that match my little logo, and some cute mats to display my sample soap on. The real problem is, how do I display my packaged soap? I've seen some crate/shelf ideas which seem pretty neat, but I'm not handy enough to build my own displays yet... are there any cost efficient options out there that still look nice?

What do you all display your soaps on? I don't really know where to look aside from (the dread) Michael's :/ moved

You need height in your display, try baskets. You can also take a wide vase and turn it upside down then superglue (hot glue) a platter on top. You can use wooden crates on their side then use the top as well. Lots of things you can do you just need to get creative. I would look on pinintrest for soap displays for some inspiration.

Hi! I use tiered h'ors d'ouvres (spelling???) trays for my jewelry and bath&body displays. They look pretty, maximize space, and add height.

My husband built me a soap display and some lifts. Every Friday at the market I intend to take pics and then get busy and forget. Hopefully I'll really do it this week and post for you. As mentioned, variation in hight is super important. Search the forum if you haven't already as there are some good ideas and suggestions here.

Found a few older pics ImageUploadedBySoap Making1405846103.298846.jpg in this one I'm using wire baskets to display my soap. That works okay but you really have to have them full or put fluff in the bottom to boost the product. Also you'll notice my table coverings don't go all the way to the floor..,I HATE that you can see the totes and junk under the table. New coverings are in the works. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1405846295.757291.jpg not a great pic but you can see my wood soap stand on the right. I really like it BUT I only holds 3 deep so you have to restock often.

Just a small word of advice. If you are planning on putting lip balm testers on the table is is Not a good idea. You will be surprised what people do at farmer markets. Use elevation

Agree. I have a sign that says "Please do NOT open lip balms. Samples Available"
People are forever trying to open my lip balms to smell them (and they have a safety seal!)

HobbyLobby has some crates that are the natural wood and shelving. Every week they have coupons for 20-50% off. You can pull it up on your smart phone and they can scan it... the same with Michaels etc. I can't remember the pricing of the crates, but I remember thinking they were inexpensive.

Kmarval, I got them online last year, and for the life if me, can't remember where. Got a bunch of really cheap wire baskets from there too. I'll have to hunt though invoices and see if i can find it. They have some cute boards at Joann's, but not the easel style.

Thanks Stacy. If you want to go even cheaper you can make your own chalkboard paint Ina any color you want. Just mix a bit of un-sanded grout (the dry stuff) with any latex paint (the stuff you paint your walls with). I used that technique with a bunch of smaller signs I use throughout my display. Works great and I happened to have the materials at home. I mixed black paint with a bit of teal.

Super late, but I just found the place I ordered my chalkboard signs from.
The Lucky Clover Trading Company.
They have a lot of inexpensive display options.

Latest posts

Back