Bombs!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i finally made some bombs, and they are so pretty! i was inspired by another member's bombs with the sprinkles in them so my DD and i tried our hand at them today. they are in the oven now...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i scented it with Tahitian Melon. it smells very pretty and the scent lingers on your skin when you use the bombs...

no, so far i have found that they get hard faster. but i have never done bombs this big before. i usually do tiny little flower shaped ones. i guess i neeeeed to go test one out tomorrow. darn! i am forced to go relax in a nice tub of hot water for research purposes... :lol:

krissy -

You'll just have to force yourself into that tub tomorrow and suffer for your art. Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. :wink:

They look great!
Can someone please tell me more about this oven method?
Because it's so humid over here I have had no success with bath bombs at all.
Would they work in the oven because it's a dry heat as opposed to a moist humid heat?

Oh those are loveeeeeeeleeeeeee :0) likewise Chrissy I haven't even tried to make these as too many here say the same thing :0) just too humid and especially at the moment feels like living in a swamp today so thick and heavy must have a storm coming :0)

@Chrissy~ i dont really have a "method", i just wanted to try to dry them out a bit faster since it was snowing here, so i put them in my confection oven at about 150* for half an hour. i dont know if it helps them or not but today they are hard and i was thinking about wrapping them in shrink wrap to keep them from getting soft...

I'll definitely try this oven method. I too like Chrissy am in Aust & its so darn humid here I cannot make a decent bomb to save myself. I've tried probably 10 batches of late & every single one gets warty. I've just about given up to b honest....... perhaps one more...

ok, so i tried to get them "just a tad harder" and put them back in the oven for a little while. :? i took them out and tried to pick one up and it fell apart when i touched it. so being the nut i am, i tried the next one and the next one. i now have a beautiful bag of powdered bath soak because they are all back to being dry and powdery. :roll:

i threw in some plain sea salts and some epsom salts and put the whole ting in a gallon sized bag.

I love them! The scent sounds really good, too. What are the sprinkles? Jojoba beads?

no tasha, they are sprinkles! lol, the kind you put on cookies. they dissolve almost as fast as the bombs do...

Back