BodyWash recipe - Palmolive Clean & Clear Dishwashing liquid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janthony

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinion on this? I found a very simple recipe for body wash that uses Palmolive clean and clear dish liquid as a base. The clean and clear gets cut with Mineral water and then you can add in some goodies - aloe, jojoba, oils, etc. I'm interested in what your opinion is on this because I tried it and I actually loved the way it turned. It has a very nice aroma. I used a little Xanthan gum and it thickened nicely.

images

Re: BodyWash recipe - Palmolive Clean & Clear Dishwashing li

I've never used any of those on my body, but honestly if you like it then I don't see any reason that you can't use it.

It's only for personal use, right? Not to sell?

Definitely not to sell. I guess I am just asking what you think of me using it for my own soap.

I have no idea what the ingredients are in it, but heck if you like it and it's not hurting you, then it sounds fine to me. But be careful when adding things to it, like aloe and extra water, since you could have some mold and bacteria issues.

Water
Sodium Laureth (2EO)
Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate
Lauramidopropyl Betaine
Lactic Acid
SD Alcohol 3-A
Sodium Xylene Sulfonate
Fragrance

Most of the ingredients are surfactants, so with too much use you may find it to become drying or irritating. But I don't see anything that can't be used on the body in the ingredients.

Thanks. In the wash I made I used jojoba and 100% aloe. So far, it's left our skin feeling softer and healthier than ever! It's amazing how long the effects last. I'll keep an eye on long-term effect though.

Latest posts

Back