Biodegradable Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can I just say I'm appalled at the exorbitant markup of biodegradable packaging? It's actually quite insane that companies are charging almost triple for carboard packaging. I was looking at doing lotion sticks but didn't want to use the plastic tubes and instead use cardboard tubes and they were three times the cost of the plastic tubes. Right now I sell lotion bars in reusable and recyclable metal tins but I was hoping to be able to use cardboard packaging moving forward made of recycled materials but it's insane that they are so expensive. I hate to mark up prices to make it feasible to use the cardboard tubes. I've already switched to the biodegradable shrink wrap which also was marked up and I accepted the cost but geez, can't we have companies make it more expensive to be environmentally irresponsible so people are able to switch to more environmentally friendly packaging?

Ok I won't bitch anymore.

Can I just say I'm appalled at the exorbitant markup of biodegradable packaging? It's actually quite insane that companies are charging almost triple for carboard packaging. I was looking at doing lotion sticks but didn't want to use the plastic tubes and instead use cardboard tubes and they were three times the cost of the plastic tubes. Right now I sell lotion bars in reusable and recyclable metal tins but I was hoping to be able to use cardboard packaging moving forward made of recycled materials but it's insane that they are so expensive. I hate to mark up prices to make it feasible to use the cardboard tubes. I've already switched to the biodegradable shrink wrap which also was marked up and I accepted the cost but geez, can't we have companies make it more expensive to be environmentally irresponsible so people are able to switch to more environmentally friendly packaging?

Ok I won't bitch anymore.
The cheapest cardboard tubes I found were on etsy.

Latest posts

Back