Bigtree Lavender Oil Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewepootoo

Reaction score
I have just recieved a bottle of Lavender fragrance oil from Bigtree but I have no idea how much to add, it also says "Dont use undiluted". Can someone tell me how to dilute it please. I have used up all of my coconut oil and I have another week or two before I can try those soaps so I have bought some "Solidified Oil" from the supermarket to make up a batch this weekend. I hope this is beef tallow as the ingredients only say "Animal Fat". I think I read somewhere here that the Lavender from Bigtree was not much good, pity I read that after I had Paypaled Bigtree. Does the type of oils you use have a bearing on the ammount of fragrance you use? I notice my Olive oil has a sort of strong smell about it. (And a few small feathers in the tin.) Steve :D

Thanks artisan for the beaut info it will give me a good starting point. The "Solidified Oil" ($4 a kg) I bought was on the shelf next to the "Superfry" but only half the price with the same list of ingredients. I read here somewhere that "Superfry" is beef tallow. I have a very good quality pH meter designed for Hydroponic use, can I use this to test soap made with this solidified oil to make sure it is safe? I think I read where soap once cured is from pH 10 to 10.5 no wonder it stings your eyes if this is correct. The whizz kids in the lab at work told me to mix equal weights of distilled water and whatever I wish to measure pH and this will give me a rough reading. :D

No name brand and "supafry"(red wrapper) is tallow, lard is sold as 250gm blocks, and fry masta (yellow wrapper) is palm oil. Copha is coconut oil and makes great soap.
I love big tree fo's, I've got their lavender fo, havent' used it yet, but it smells pretty close to good quality lavender eo to me.

Back