Best coffee scent?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terminatortoo

Reaction score
I made my first coffee soap and I'm not real happy with how strong the scent is. What do you guys use that is strong and keeps it's scent?

Well, we're all making coffee soaps here in this thread.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f11/coffee-soap-still-gellin-34745/

I don't really want to unwrap my batch until it starts to harden, but I can certainly let you know how it goes, scent-wise, when it's done. To be honest, though. I've never been able to get a decent scent off of any batch I've ever made, except for my ground star anise soap. I'm sure I just need to put MORE of whatever I put in my soaps. But, recently, someone sent me a free sample of their lavender soap, with a body butter I bought. It smells WAY too strong and doesn't look like a decent bar. I am wondering how long she let it cure, though, as the scent has weakened greatly over the course of a week. To be honest, I'm a bit wary about using it. And she didn't wrap it or contain it at all, so I have a feeling, she just doesn't yet know what she's doing. Which is okay, but still. . .

As far as an EO or such, I don't trust it that much, since I want a true and quality coffee in my coffee bars. So, I guess we'll see.

ETA, she put it in a cupcake paper holder, which makes me wonder how on earth she pulled this off, as in my experience, the soap would just bleed right through.

Last edited:
I'm not really a coffee drinker and neither is my husband but my brother-in-law has a reserved seat in a local coffee shop. Since my BIL has everything and his birthday is coming up, I decided to make him some coffee soap from his hangout. I went to his shop and picked up a cup of grounds and their largest coffee. I used this FO:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.co...Choice™+Fresh+Brewed+Coffee+Fragrance+Oil+151

My husband and I both LOVE the smell even though we aren't coffee drinkers. It has a light creamy smell to it, maybe like coffee with flavored creamer or something. I'm guessing coffee "purists" might not be as fond of it.

Supposedly the Fresh Coffee from Candlescience is fairly accurate. I have it, but haven't soaped it. It gets positive reviews and has been mentioned many times on different forums for being realistic. HTH!

Thanks for the tip, SoapsyDaisy. I was actually going to try another coffee scent of WSP, their Coffee Beans FO, but I decide to wait on ordering it, because it's going to be awhile before i make coffee soap again, and until I get some more space around here, no need to be crowding already crowded areas with things I won't be using for awhile.

As a former barista/coffee shop manager, I think it's awesome you made your BIL coffee soap. That was my favorite job ever, and they are really great places to hang out/befriend new people.

Back