Bath Bomb Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always told to pack tightly, although ive seen some say if you pack too tight, the bomb will sink, pack it too light, and it disperses in the water too quick..

I read about a million books/posts on BBs before making them; I pack very tightly, but I also incorporated the tip to press a little hole with my thumb in each side before putting them together - this apparently helps them float, and spin... I can't confirm that 100%, but my huge BBs did both!

Thats the way i do them Loralei, i add the liquids very slowly.. mix, then a bit more and mix, i only use the minimal of oil now as a carrier oil for the fragrance oil.. so i'd say liquids are 40% Sweet almond, 3% F.Oil, 5 - 8% Polysorbitol80 and 50% water, quantities subject to the dry materials i use.. I was always told to pack tightly, although ive seen some say if you pack too tight, the bomb will sink, pack it too light, and it disperses in the water too quick..

When your using moulds with the intricate designs like your cherub it best to pack slightly light because they will realise from the Mold easier. If you pack too tight they will get stuck and break. Round bombs pack anyway you want too but if you pack too tight they risk cracking in the middle. The best way I find is to really overfill both half’s of the molds without tightly packing and press together. This way you’ll get spinning floating bathbombs. They won’t fizzle out faster because the poly and the slsa will make them last longer. It’s only bombs with citric and bicarbonate that fizzle out the fastest no matter if they are tightly or loosely packed.

Latest posts

Back