Bad news about pop micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Peak still has some Apple Green, Raspberry, and Tangerine in stock. Can't imagine they'll last long, though.

I stocked up recently. I think I've got enough to last about 8 to 12 months.

But, yes. CRAP. I hope they are able to keep the line going. Possibly the manufacturer will sell the formula.

Never fear. A bit down on the page
If you make soap, we suggest you sit on your hands a tad bit longer. We do have a resource for a similar line of stable, non-bleeding colors and we hope to launch those in about a month.

carebear said:
Never fear. A bit down on the page
If you make soap, we suggest you sit on your hands a tad bit longer. We do have a resource for a similar line of stable, non-bleeding colors and we hope to launch those in about a month.

Well there you go! I read the first few lines and ran off crying Henny Penny.
Thanks Carebear.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I just bought some around Christmas. Now I know their beauty and will be sad that they're gone, but at least I have a chance to play with them for a while...perhaps till they formulate a suitable replacement :wink: Thanks for the news flash Nancy and thanks for the cheerier news carebear :lol:

Is anyone using BB's soap colorants? Was just gearing up to buy some from tkb. Oregon Trails purple turned pink on me once before now I mix it with their blue and get a purple but not sure I like working with them as they seem to not disperse evenly in traced soap.

I use some of BB's micas. I'll only try them if they state in their description what the results in CP were. So far, no problems.

calico21 said:
Is anyone using BB's soap colorants? Was just gearing up to buy some from tkb. Oregon Trails purple turned pink on me once before now I mix it with their blue and get a purple but not sure I like working with them as they seem to not disperse evenly in traced soap.

I've been trying out their labColors. Here are some of the results. I'll add to it as I try more.

http://www.lovinsoap.com/?page_id=1359

agriffin said:
calico21 said:

I've been trying out their labColors. Here are some of the results. I'll add to it as I try more.

Thanks for the link. It's really helpful.

agriffin said:
calico21 said:

Sweet! Thanks for doing that!

That's an excellent reference for others! I haven't used their lab colors at all, but I like the colors you're getting and I believe they are non-bleeding so you can use them for swirling, yes?

They do bleed as they are FD&C and D&C dyes. Although how badly and how much...I'm not sure.

Latest posts

Back