As Promised... The Peak Order :-)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moonshea- Did you dig around in the packaging like Badger suggested? I've often found something extra. If you were only counting the bottles, there could still be another one.

I would call them. See what they say. I'm sure they will try and make it right.
I've tried all these as well. I love ocean, but it moves fast so be aware of that.
Also, Peaks Love Spell is not my favorite. it sticks in soap and doesn't really morph too much but will a bit to a sort of plastic scent.

The Mary Jane to my nose smells more like the resin left behind in a pipe than it does the actual hemp plant.

Vanilla Passion I couldn't CP. I tried twice, once hot, and once rt - it seized both times.

This was just my experience with these particular FO's.

I have to agree with jcandleattic about the Love Spell. It ends up curing with a 'plasticy' smell. It's not bad, just not what I wanted. But the other FOs I've gotten from Peak are very good. Lilac is my personal favorite!!!

Moonshea, I would dig around through the packaging some more to see if you can find the missing FO. I know I had to find mine hiding in a corner. They have a lot of packaging to sift through! Hopefully, you still have the box and can check for it!

Moonshea- Did you dig around in the packaging like Badger suggested? I've often found something extra. If you were only counting the bottles, there could still be another one.
Moonshea, I would dig around through the packaging some more to see if you can find the missing FO. *I know I had to find mine hiding in a corner. *They have a lot of packaging to sift through! *Hopefully, you still have the box and can check for it!
Everything was in foam bottle holders with packing peanuts surrounding it. There wasn't a solitary bottle floating about in the box.
I always clean out a delivered box. I learned that from my old job. Things would go missing in the peanuts and I would have to go 'dumpster diving' for the box. NOT FUN.

UPDATE: I got an email back from Chelsea. I will be getting a replacement Mary Jane FO shipped to me. YAY!!

Last edited:
I also received my Peak sampler:
BrownSugar/Fig
Birds of Paradise
Cinnamon
Orange Ginger Fizz
Apple Jack & Peel
Cucumber Cantelope
Warm Vanilla Sugar
Hazelnut Cappachino
Warm Apple Pie
Mango Peach Salsa
I hate to waste the time and soy to make up batches of each of these, but the only one I would reorder from smelling the samples is the last one. I'm wondering if their fragrances smell a lot different once they are made into a candle. :(
Goldie
I made the mango peach salsa awesome but it moves very quickly so be ready. It riced on me but i blended it like crazy. It still had a funny texture but it was okay but nice scent.

I made the mango peach salsa awesome but it moves very quickly so be ready. It riced on me but i blended it like crazy. It still had a funny texture but it was okay but nice scent.

What does "riced" mean? Out of the others in my list, have you had good sales from any other particular fragrances?
And thanks for responding! :)
Goldie

I am glad to hear that your Fragrance oil is going to be sent out to you, Moonshea! Goldie, Ricing is something that happens with some fragrance oils where the soap batter will get a strange texture and form little pellets about the size of rice when you mix the fragrance oil in. I have not had this happen to any of my fragrances yet, but I have heard there are some fragrances that tend to be more prone to the effect then others. I hope this helps answer your question.

I am super happy so far with my peak order...to me the scents are much more vibrant than anything Ive ordered on ebay or etsy. I LOVE the lovespell...it smells exactly like the real deal to me. The lemon poundcake is amazing. I ordered 30 more while the sale was on. They average out to like 1.80 something an ounce!

Wow, another 30 should keep you busy for a bit!

Just got my haul Friday, I had never ordered from Peak before but with the 40% off sale I couldn't resist...

Blackberry Sage
Blackraspberry Vanilla
Jamaca Me Crazy
Lemon Poundcake
Strawberries and Cream
White Tea and Ginger
Watermelon
Juicy Pineapple
Lavender
Spiced Cranberry
Spring Rain
Lilac
Blueberry Muffin
Cantaloupe
Coconut Lime Verbena
Clean Cotton
Freesia
Downy Fresh
Tuscan Nights
Black Canyon
And received a free sample of Plumeria

First chance I had to soap was this afternoon...working the farmers market yesterday was had to do knowing I had so many yummy smelling new tools at home LOL

I soap at rt and the Lavender behaved well for a for a floral ..wanted to itp swirl but it was moving too fast for that so I spooned it into the mold and swirled with a bamboo skewer.

Next the Watermelon.....YIKES.....I added my fragrance at light trace split the batch and poured the pre mixed Lab Colors I had ready and to my horror it sat on top...ROCK HARD in seconds...ever the trooper I dug in with gloved hands and kneaded it like cookie dough ..slamming it in my mold smoothing the top with my dough cutter...fingers crossed we'll see ...because I really like the scent I think it will do well for summer *sigh*

Even with the last mishap...I'm considering a go at batch three...

Yes my name is Shell...and I am a Soap-a-holic :grin:

Latest posts

Back