And for my next trick...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsItSoapYet?

Reaction score
Yeah, I cut up a batch of soap tonight that looks exactly like little blocks of vomit. Guess I'll be usin' those up!!

:roll:

Got any young nephews or male cousins, something disgusting like that might actually appeal to them

OMG, really? You wanna see it? Its gross. I'm embarrassed to show anyone, but the hubs and I had a good laugh over it. I will post pix tonight after I get home. Thank heavens it doesn't smell like it looks! lol.

I second the notion that pics would be awesome! I'm sure doesn't look nearly as bad as you think and since I haven't really started experimenting with colorants yet, I'd love to know what vomit soap actually looks like. So come on...whaddya say? ;)

OK, friends, as you requested: Images of "Pukesoap" for your viewing, uh, pleasure...
DSC00698.jpg
DSC00699.jpg

What's really funny is the little demo-ads on PB for the merchandise that could be emblazoned with whatever image you are viewing. I think that I do NOT want a coffee-cup with a picture of Pukesoap on it, thank you very much!

Pretty

It looks like cubed orange jello set in cream or cool whip mix. I think it's pretty!
IDLaura

Spam Musubi soap

Doesn't look that bad at all! I do think Spam soap is a much better description than vomit soap. In fact, if you add a small layer of your Spam soap to a thicker layer of white underneath, your soap will look like one of my favorite Hawaiian snacks: Spam Musubi!! ;)

Re: Spam Musubi soap

CafeRacer said:
Doesn't look that bad at all! I do think Spam soap is a much better description than vomit soap. In fact, if you add a small layer of your Spam soap to a thicker layer of white underneath, your soap will look like one of my favorite Hawaiian snacks: Spam Musubi!! ;)

So is Spam Musubi kind of like sushi? That was my first thought when I saw the pic before I read the text. Now, if I could just figure out how to force my soap to "rice" on demand for the other part, I might be able to actually do that! Thanks CafeRacer!

Yeah, it's basically Spam sushi. The musubi craze in Hawaii started during WWII when the American GIs brought Spam over to the islands as part of their meal rations and it's been a staple of down home Hawaiian cooking ever since. Even President Obama ordered some for lunch when he was golfing in Hawaii recently. You basically cut the Spam into thin slices, marinate in soy sauce and sugar for about 15 min, pan fry them, lay them on top of a rice ball and wrap with seaweed. Mmmmm, mmmmm, gooooood! :)

I'm by no means an experienced soaper (yet!), so I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions on how to make the soap look clumpy like rice, but I'm sure someone out there has an idea.

Good luck and please let us know when you figure out how to make Libby's Canned Corned Beef soap. ;)

CafeRacer said:
Good luck and please let us know when you figure out how to make Libby's Canned Corned Beef soap. ;)

Until now I have been sticking to pretty traditional-looking soap forms, but I am also new at this. You never know what can happen...Libby's Canned Corned Beef soap would definitely be a walk on the wild side. Stay tuned!

Looks like spam to me too.

For the rice you could do a salt bar and leave it a bit past trace, or maybe it was just my first salt soap that looked like rice pudding :lol:

Latest posts

Back