Aloha!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small Thunder

Reaction score
I had wanted to learn how to make soap from scratch (i.e., using lye) ever since I was a child and assisting my mother as a colonial reenactment volunteer at a local historical site. Right before COVID hit, I had the chance to take a class at a rec center and it became my prime pandemic pastime. Well, that, and growing my hair long ...

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Aloha 🌸
Now I feel like I need lunch from the Rainbow Drive In or a Malasada from Leonard’s 🌺
Welcome and can’t wait to see photos in the gallery 😊
Malasadas, plate lunches, cheap sushi chains, butter mochi —now I’m hungry!
🤣
There are many wonderful things here. As far as soap making goes, though — I couldn’t find lye, and most places won’t ship it here (hazmat). I finally found an online source that would, but I had to find a pretzel-maker here who was willing to share costs. Got some great pretzels out of the deal, though!

One would think so, but I called both the local chain (City Mill) and national chain stores here and no one had it. They only had drain cleaners that had lye as an ingredient.

Latest posts

Back