Aloha!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small Thunder

Reaction score
I had wanted to learn how to make soap from scratch (i.e., using lye) ever since I was a child and assisting my mother as a colonial reenactment volunteer at a local historical site. Right before COVID hit, I had the chance to take a class at a rec center and it became my prime pandemic pastime. Well, that, and growing my hair long ...

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Aloha 🌸
Now I feel like I need lunch from the Rainbow Drive In or a Malasada from Leonard’s 🌺
Welcome and can’t wait to see photos in the gallery 😊
Malasadas, plate lunches, cheap sushi chains, butter mochi —now I’m hungry!
🤣
There are many wonderful things here. As far as soap making goes, though — I couldn’t find lye, and most places won’t ship it here (hazmat). I finally found an online source that would, but I had to find a pretzel-maker here who was willing to share costs. Got some great pretzels out of the deal, though!

One would think so, but I called both the local chain (City Mill) and national chain stores here and no one had it. They only had drain cleaners that had lye as an ingredient.

Back