Quantcast

Aloe Juice Question

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hi there -- I did see the Aloe Juice at Wally World tonight - and am wondering if the color comes through in the soap? I have aloe juice that I purchased from somewhere else which is clear... Just curious

Thanks!

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Hi Rachelle. The aloe vera juice I use is a off colour, not clear. Since I use goat's milk, it is hard for me to say. When I mix my lye into my aloe vera juice, and add my silk, the resulting 50% solution is a yellowish tan colour. Perhaps Faithy will see this soon and comment.

Paul

G

I'm also hopelessly addicted to aloe juice. While it's more of a semi-transparant liquid with a golden yellowish hue to it.

I haven't used it as my main liquid alone either, I use either goat's milk or heavy cream in my soaps just because I like the benefits from the milks. But with my dairy soaps I don't notice the color coming through.

And the color is so faint I can't imagine it coming through in the soaps if it was just made with aloe vera juice. But I also think that your other ingredients are going to make a bigger difference. The coloring of your oils and butters and whatnot. Oh and any fragrance I would think would have a bigger impact on your soap.

But Paul also got me started in using in using silk as well.........
But from the soaps I made before I got the silk it didn't affect the coloring of my soap.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks Faithy ... Well its strange - the current Aloe Juice gallon that I have is clear like water - but I saw the Wally World juice and its tinged slightly. Just curious.
Take Care,

G

Where did you purchase your aloe juice and has it always been that color?

This is the only aloe vera juice that I've ever seen and worked with so I have nothing to compare it to.

But here is a picture of the jug that I have. I removed the label so you could see it better. *sigh* going to have get another jug soon... :D

itsmeroro

Reaction score
LOL - I had to get my jug and see what kind it was! :) Its "George's Always Active Aloe - 100% Aloe Vera Fractionally Distilled Liquid from Aloe Vera Leaves - no preseratives or additives. Here is the website http://www.georgesaloe.com/liquids.htm

I purchase it from our local natural health food market.

I wonder what the differences are.

:)

G

How it's processed and just being from a different company I would guess.

perfectsoap

Reaction score
You can get it for $5.50 per gallon at Sam's.
Brand name "Natural Request"
It is pretty clear.
Jeff
**We have a small Sam's, so I bought 4 gallons in case they don't keep it...