Almost had a big OOPS!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeoplum

Reaction score
I just soaped with BB's Peppermint EO (2nd Dist) and I've never used EO's before. I've also been thinking about ordering some Lavender 40/42 and have been reading up on that one.

Well, I used BB's fragrance calculator to determine how much to use which was almost 2 oz for my 46 oz oil batch. I had a few minutes while my oils and lye solution were cooling down and I wondered if I should double check the amount just to be sure but decided against it. (It had only been about an hours since I looked it up). So, I did a few other quick things and then something said, YES, DOUBLE CHECK!! So I came back to my PC and boy am I glad I did. Apparently, I had accidentally looked up the amount for Lavender!! So, instead of 2 oz, I only needed .69 oz. Yikes that would've been interesting. So thankful I was cautious. Would've REALLY been tingly, huh?

zeo

you might have had your hubs singing soprano if you had givine him one of those bars unwittingly! lol

even for laveder batch I wouldnt use that much, will be really strong.

honor435 said:
even for laveder batch I wouldnt use that much, will be really strong.

The range on the scale said:
Subtle = 1.38
Strong = 2.76
With 2.07 being in the middle.

Does the "subtle amount" sound more reasonable?

Thank you for your feedback!

Back