Adding milk to M & P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This soap recipe posted at www.halderman.net calls for a whole cup of milk to be added to 1 lb of soap. I am really curious as to what you experienced soapers think of this? It sounds like it would be a gloopy mess!

Soap Crafters Creamy Rosemary
© Pamela Love at Soap Crafters Company
1 lb. Soap Crafters Soap Base (any variety)
1 Cup of Whole Milk
1/2 tsp. Rosemary pure Essential Oil (see EO caution below)
You'll need a one-foot length of PVC pipe with one end cap or other tube.

This is a wonderfully creamy soap to wake up to in the morning! And everyone LOVES the scent of pure Rosemary! Men even go nuts for it! Make sure you spray your mold with a vegetable spray. Pour all of the soap mixture into the mold. After a couple of hours, push it out of the mold and slice the soap into round soaps!

i did an experiment once using fresh gm. was making my own base and i replaced the water with fresh gm. the soap ended up light brown
coz i did not use a surfactant and the base was already yellow to begin with. the soap is still fine till now (8+ months?). no funky stuff, no molds.

You can add powdered milk, mixed in a little hot water. Don't go overboard though. Rebecca Ittner suggests 1 to 2 tsp of powdered milk, mixed with a little hot water, per pound of soap.

^^^
yes, i too would recommend using powdered milk. just sprinkle some as the soap is melting, or dissolve with a bit of water to make a slurry. the ones i offer for sale are all using powdered milk.

Latest posts

Back