A week of soap! part 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiralTouch

Reaction score
My first week of soap continued..

CE0A99FD-30C2-4B1E-BF6B-3378634CC819-713-000001F37D3B36AB_zps4916b153.jpg

This soap is my favorite and the focus of what I will be doing. A milk soap with oatmeal. Milk is from an organic local dairy that sources milk from grass grazed cows on family farms here in Ohio. The oats are also organic and from an Amish farm in Ohio. My son drinks a lot of milk so the cartons will be put to good use now!

C78A0122-0FAC-4438-B029-240ECB861C97-713-000001F365802CE7_zpsc065895b.jpg

This lavender soap was so beautiful, I did the heart swirling technique. But on day 2 it developed the most horrendous brown spots all over it from the dried lavender and rose petals. This was an expensive one with lots of Shea butter and lavender EO. Lesson learned! It will be given to friends and used by us.

C4489C66-02C4-433D-912C-C32F5534B661-713-000001F371B6BA0D_zpsc48b9375.jpg

This one happened by mistake. I had something specific planned for it and my husband wanted to help and is really excited about soaping. It turned out completely different but I actually like it better this way. I got a free black raspberry vanilla fragrance oil with an order so made this. I mixed my own colors from blue and red oxide powders.

Thanks for looking!
I am most excited to make the local milk/oat soaps. I am planning to sell this summer at a local market.

All are beautiful! That last one--can we have details on the coloring? It's beautiful and unique!!

Lovely soap. There are no mistakes in cp. Sometimes the soap tells you what it will be. I love that lavender heart soap too. Love the mold too. Think I will mosey over to that website.

All are beautiful! That last one--can we have details on the coloring? It's beautiful and unique!!

I made my soap and poured some into 2 containers. I added a deep purple to one and a maroon/raspberry to the other. (I had mixed the colors myself from blue and red oxide). My husband actually poured ALL of each mixed color into each when I wasnt looking. I had made a concentrated mixture of oil/oxide for each color and it was not supposed to be used all at once. So 'mistake' #1. I then just dumped each colored container into my pot of traced soap and stirred once or twice. Poured into the mold.

It was supposed to be a cream soap with a little swirling, but got really saturated from the extra color. I am really hoping it doesn't leave color all over when used in the shower.

. But on day 2 it developed the most horrendous brown spots all over it from the dried lavender and rose petals.

I learned the same lesson with a 4 pound batch of lavender soap when I covered the top with lavender buds. When I uncovered the soap the next day it looked like it was covered in mouse poop! All the buds turned dark brown.

I made my soap and poured some into 2 containers. I added a deep purple to one and a maroon/raspberry to the other. (I had mixed the colors myself from blue and red oxide). My husband actually poured ALL of each mixed color into each when I wasnt looking. I had made a concentrated mixture of oil/oxide for each color and it was not supposed to be used all at once. So 'mistake' #1. I then just dumped each colored container into my pot of traced soap and stirred once or twice. Poured into the mold.

It was supposed to be a cream soap with a little swirling, but got really saturated from the extra color. I am really hoping it doesn't leave color all over when used in the shower.

The uncolored part looks bright yellow in the pictures. does it look like that in person? Anyway, the soap is really pretty. Hope it works out okay!

Back