A little Encouraged

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last few weeks of markets and craft fairs here have been so lousy I have become very discouraged. I was not going to go to my Farmer Market, which costs $60 because sales have been down so badly. One of my good customers called to see if I would be there and of course I told him yes. Wow, was I glad I went. I sold over 50 bars of soap and some lotions and a crochet hat. Best night I have had out there in 3 yrs. All of us vendors in my section were happy because we noticed we had a lot of new customers. I am in the farmer end of the market, not the craft end and it makes a big difference. Three years ago the market manager asked if I wanted to move out of the crafter block to the farmer block and I jumped at the chance. My sales doubled when I move down there, but even at that it has been tough, lately, to make the booth cost. Hopefully this was not a fluke night. This is how this market used to be 5 yrs ago :thumbup:

You just never know, with markets and fairs. Some are great, others dismal disappointments. But if a market or fair isn't too expensive, and you don't have plans for that day, and you have enough inventory, I say why not give it a try? The more you sell, the more you get your name out there, and when people buy and love your product, they will come back for more. I agree that sales are not like they were some years back. Hopefully the economy will improve enough that people will start buying again. Best of luck to you!

Back