4 soaps tested and don't like any of them.. help.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the help
just a thought jennee, are you using tap water or distilled water to make your soap? some people might think it's a bit nit-picky, but it's something to think about...I buy a couple gallons of distilled not just bottled water when i'm at the store...I used to live in southern California and the Bay Area, so I know how awful the tap water can be.

I only use distilled. :)

my other question is how does M&P or glycerine soap feel on your skin after your shower?

Actually the feel does remind me of M&P and another reason I wanted to finally try CP, I don't like M&P after rinsing even with a small bit of oils added.

btw, if you message me your addy, i'll send you a bar of my "nuthin' fancy" whipped soap the next time I get home...at least you'll have something to compare with...my old hide loves this soap.

Thats a sweet offer! I ended up buying 2 bars that looked pretty basic on Etsy but one did have goats milk which now I'm not sure I should have done bassed on last quote here, but wanted to test it to my goats milk I don't like'.

"...Ok sorry.. I just know people have mentioned using them and I had them here so have it a shot to have some insight...."

Don't feel you have to apologize even one tiny bit ... you ask good questions, you are the kind of person who really wants to understand, and you take what works for you and use it. Kudos to you!
Thanks.. I do want to learn that for sure. Just feel like a dunce when I don't research well enough, like with the PH. But hadn't needed to use them until now. Appreciate the help. :)

Just wanted to chime in and say that I don't think I care for soaps made with coconut milk or heavy on the butters. I just recently made another batch using cocoa butter and coconut milk (to see what I thought), but at 6 weeks I'm not loving the lather. It's very creamy but just not the feel I'm going for. I like the soap made with milks (cow, goat, etc.), but have only used coconut milk a couple of times. I used to add shea butter to all my soaps, but discovered that I much preferred a recipe without shea.
I'm making more basic now without butters.. thinking that could be my problem.

Totally agree with you here. When I started, I was too eager to dump everything in it. Then I started 100% castile then moved on to the soaping 101 bastile then started to muck around after I have understood what balances etc.

Back