Thank you, Genny - toilet fizzies!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smee

Reaction score
My thanks to Genny for providing me with yet another one of those "AHA!"
moments...toilet bombs!
While the bombs set up, I went ahead and colored the scented
left-over mix and put it in a bowl as an air freshener (hope you can see it):

BathFizzie_zps453c41bc.jpg

Looks pretty :) Just make sure that you don't put a cover on that glass container, otherwise you may have a glass explosion.

Looks pretty :) Just make sure that you don't put a cover on that glass container, otherwise you may have a glass explosion.

Oh, good to know. Thanks for the warning. :thumbup:
No, no cover on it. Smells too good to cover!

Melstan, Genny sez to drop one in the commode, let it fizz out,
then swish with the toilet brush...Voila! Clean!
They're made with citric acid (that I had to smuggle into the house past dh),
baking soda, and orange & lemon EO's.

Last edited:
Im going to make those. I hate cleaning the toilet. Why did you have to sneak in citrus acid? I would think DH would support housecleaning products at least. ! :).

Im going to make those. I hate cleaning the toilet. Why did you have to sneak in citrus acid? I would think DH would support housecleaning products at least. ! :).

I had to smuggle it past him like an addict hides her smokes.
He has no idea how bad I'm hooked...soap, lotion, now toilet bombs :mrgreen:

Monday I need to call the local food coop and see how much they would charge if I ordered 5 pounds of citric acid from them. I'd much rather get it through them then order online.

I wonder how big they should be for the commode. I have some crappy muffin tins that might work as molds because I'm not buying a fancy mold to make something that is going in the, um, well, um, youknowwhere.

I want to keep it simple for the boychild. He does pretty well with explicit instructions.

Drop one fizzie in the toilet.

Wipe down the sink with a damp wash cloth. Toss the cloth in the laundry shoot

Wipe down the toilet and seat with a clorox wipe (not getting rid of these until my children stop peeing in places where pee doesn't belong). Throw that wipe away!

Scrub toilet once fizzing is done. Flush and rinse brush.

Seems like it is pretty do-able for a 10 year old.

I had to smuggle it past him like an addict hides her smokes.
He has no idea how bad I'm hooked...soap, lotion, now toilet bombs :mrgreen:

Now smee, is he going to notice the new air freshener? Won't he ask when he notices it's gone? Maybe it's time to come clean about your soaping habit, he might even be supportive! Soap Pun on purpose. :D

I wonder how big they should be for the commode. I have some crappy muffin tins that might work as molds because I'm not buying a fancy mold to make something that is going in the, um, well, um, .

I've made bath bombs using metal measuring cups. I thought they worked pretty well as molds. I have some with the 1\3 cup. That seems like it might be too big. Maybe a 1/4 cup?

To Funny! I had some old left over Lemon EO bath bombs that I wanted to play with.
So this morning I placed the bath bombs in my pan of stuck on eggs and sausage AND 20 minutes later not one thing was sticking to the pan! No more scrubbing or dishwasher soap for me... YEAH for Bath Bombs!

Latest posts

Back