Root Beer/Cola Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlm884

Reaction score
I have an idea for a root beer or cola soap. My idea was this. I would boil root beer or cola and reduce it to a syrup. I would apply a water discount and add it at trace. Whats peoples thoughts on this?

Sure, can't see why it wouldn't work.
If I was making it I'd do as you describe.
I like stepping outside the box.
Coke soap....haha...love it.
Just remember all that sugar will heat the soap up so keep an eye on it.
What will you scent it with???

I did this about a year ago with diet Coke as a joke for a friend who is an addict. As expected, none of the scent came through and the soap was light brown.

Nature's Garden carries both root beer and cola fragrance oils. I tried the root beer - it faded some so I'd use it at 1 oz PPO next time.

Enjoy!

I am not sure what I will use for an FO. I may just add a reduced cola syrup at thick trace in hopes that the some of the scent lingers on without too much affect from the lye. I am trying to avoid FOs and EOS for the most part because the price is prohibitive as a student. Soap is my stress relief!

OK I just do not get food products in soap made for cleaning the body. Yuck I would not wash in soda why would I want it in my soap that I wash with. I would think it would leave a stick mess behind.

I thought sugar increased the lather of soap? The soap itself would form micelles and cause most additives of the soap to be washed away anyhow.

ngredients
Carbonated water
Sugar (sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup depending on country of origin)
Caffeine
Phosphoric acid
Caramel color (E150d)
Natural flavorings[34]

The water well is water and would evaporate out and the carbonic acid would be gone from boiling it. The caffeine would be beneficial for the skin, several studies have shown caffeine can act as an antioxidant in the skin when applied topically. Sugar would increase lather. Phospohric acid would be neutralized by the lye and most likely leave behind a phosphate. Phosphates are known for their cleaning abiligy. Caramel color, well we add colors to soaps already. And natural flavours are like FOs

Sounds like a really good idea - I love the idea of cherry coke too - that is my fave!

OK I just do not get food products in soap made for cleaning the body. Yuck I would not wash in soda why would I want it in my soap that I wash with. I would think it would leave a stick mess behind.

Really? When I make soap or look at soap it actually makes my mouth water - so to me using food in soap seems logical lol - or maybe it's just a side effect of my soaping addiction :shock:

busymakinsoap! said:
Sounds like a really good idea - I love the idea of cherry coke too - that is my fave!

Really? When I make soap or look at soap it actually makes my mouth water - so to me using food in soap seems logical lol - or maybe it's just a side effect of my soaping addiction :shock:

This. Haha...I'm a soap foodie junkie. There are so many brilliant things to put in soap!!

I think label appeal is huge when you use food items. Food items like coke aren't healthy for you but people see them and thing "hey thats pretty cool, I wanna try that" just for the novelty of it. Other people see ingredients like pumpkin, avocado, cocao, tomato puree, maca root, spices, etc in the soap and want to buy it because it makes it a premium soap. Even if these healthy foods do lose their nutritional properties in the soap people still believe they help with the skin.

Personally I rather use food items then artificial dyes and FOs.

Latest posts

Back