Cupcake soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
Bottom is regular CP and the top is whipped soap.

cupcake1.jpg

cupcake2.jpg

AWSOME -- you must share the whipped soap secret .. thats why I'm taking cake decorating class now.. so I can make pretties :D

Recipe:

100 grams Olive Oil
100 grams coconut oil
50 grams castor oil
500 grams palm oil
10 oz water
103 grams lye

Put the solid oils in the mixer first and whip up until its nice and fluffy. Add your liquid oils slowly and whip until fluffy.

Then add your lye water slowly and keep whipping. You're going to loose some whip. You can also add your fragrance and color now.

I make my lye water the night before and keep it in the fridge. You want everything either cold (lye water) or room temp.

I've also put my oils over ice (like when whipping shea butter) to stiffen them up a bit.

I use my kitchen aide mixer but a hand mixer will work as well.

You want to use more (60% +) solid oils/fats to get a better whip. Lard, palm, tallow, coconut oil...are all great.

Visit Nizzy's site for more info. http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

The toppings are jojoba beads and body safe glitter. The "cherries" are actually christmas berry decorations I took apart.

If anyone tries this recipe let me know how it goes. I'll be using it for a class coming up so would love some feedback.

ETA: I also added a bit of cornstarch to hold the whip a bit better. I think it was about 2 tablespoons.

Nizzys soap is on my to do list.

Agriffin, they look suberb.
They look soft like cream. Are they set firm in the picture???

nattynoo said:
Nizzys soap is on my to do list.

Agriffin, they look suberb.
They look soft like cream. Are they set firm in the picture???

Thanks!

Yes, It sets up firm.

Those are so cute! They look so realistic too! Nicely done! And the "cherries" are a brilliant touch!

agriffin said:
If anyone tries this recipe let me know how it goes. I'll be using it for a class coming up so would love some feedback.

When do you need the feedback? I'll try but it's not going to be until next weekend. My sister used to decorate cakes and she has disposable piping bags. I'll make it and she said she'll do the decorating.

Hazel said:
agriffin said:

When do you need the feedback? I'll try but it's not going to be until next weekend. My sister used to decorate cakes and she has disposable piping bags. I'll make it and she said she'll do the decorating.

Oh yay! That would work.

I probably won't do the first class until Jan.

agriffin said:
Hazel said:
agriffin said:

Oh yay! That would work.

I probably won't do the first class until Jan.

Good! That will give it time to cure. :D

Amanda -

I finally got the whipped soap made and used it on 6 cupcake bath fizzies. The extra I put into silicone molds and it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Your instructions were so easy to follow. The mistakes I made were entirely my own doing. :roll: I wasn't going to color or scent the soap then decided while I was whipping it to add some vanilla bean noel.

I added some and then realized it would turn the soap brown. So I decided to add some chocolate FO. It smelled good and I had the "bright" idea to add a little cocoa powder to help darken the color even further.

I put the soap into a bag, cut a corner off and started to squeeze it onto the top of the fizzies. I should have waited for my sister. The fizzies ended up looking like a dog had crapped on them. :(

One thing I wondered about as I was whipping the soap - how do you know when you've achieved trace? The beater left trails across the soap since it was so whippy. I just kept whipping it until it started to get thick like pudding. I hope I whipped it long enough.

Now I just have to wait and see how they turn out. I'll have to post pics later.

agriffin said:
Recipe:

100 grams Olive Oil
100 grams coconut oil
50 grams castor oil
500 grams palm oil
10 oz water
103 grams lye

Put the solid oils in the mixer first and whip up until its nice and fluffy. Add your liquid oils slowly and whip until fluffy.

Then add your lye water slowly and keep whipping. You're going to loose some whip. You can also add your fragrance and color now.

I make my lye water the night before and keep it in the fridge. You want everything either cold (lye water) or room temp.

I've also put my oils over ice (like when whipping shea butter) to stiffen them up a bit.

I use my kitchen aide mixer but a hand mixer will work as well.

You want to use more (60% +) solid oils/fats to get a better whip. Lard, palm, tallow, coconut oil...are all great.

Visit Nizzy's site for more info. http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

The toppings are jojoba beads and body safe glitter. The "cherries" are actually christmas berry decorations I took apart.

ETA: I also added a bit of cornstarch to hold the whip a bit better. I think it was about 2 tablespoons.

How many cupcakes can you "frost" w/this recipe? I'm hoping to make cupcakes sometime in the next month. And is there any substitute you would recommend for coconut oil? I prefer not to use it as some people I know are allergic to it.

Latest posts

Back