Your Top 5 Favorite Scents for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck with scents from: Peak (for candles AND soap), WSP, BB, Sweet Cakes, Rustic Escentuals, MMS, in no particular order.

There's a difference between MY faves, and what sells well -- all noses are picky, picky. I dislike most fruity scents -- they tend to ALL smell like candy to me, but I get routine requests for them.

Bonsai from BB is a great man's scent, but not in your face. DH likes it, and he is the kind of guy who saves his Old Spice for black tie events. :lol:

Cedar, Sage & Blackberry from RE is a very big seller for me -- cedar and sage notes are there, but light. Makes a great candle, too.

Soapy Clean from BB sells great -- popular with men, women, kids.

Saffron & Honey from BB sells well. This one surprised me -- it smells like neither saffron nor honey, but is an intriguing, medium soft scent. People pick it up and put it down, and sniff and sniff. They can't identify it, but they are fascinated by it.

Honey and Beeswax & Honey combined, from SC is fabulous! I am a beekeeper, and this is what a hive smells like when I lift the lid and check the bees. I use this in candles and soap.

Green Clover and Aloe from SC is a great "green scent" without getting into the "Irish Spring" range.

The only EO (combo) I use is Mother Earth from WSP. Not a personal fave, but it sells well. I also like their White Citrus. I use their Orange Guava Odor Neutralizing FO in my laundry soap. A+.

I use Earth from MMS for hunter's soaps, and their Osmanthus, Oak Leaves & Acorns, and Mediterranean Silk all do well for me. Many of their scents run to sweet/sugary, or fruity, and that's just not my thing -- but others like them. Their honey flavor oil is great in lip balms.

Peak has a Wild Mountain Honey I use that I blend with the SC. They discontinued my Colorado Breeze. I have a sample of Black Canyon I liked very much. Also great people to work with re candles. I have had some tech questions and they ALWAYS are very helpful!

I continue my sad quest for an OMH fragrance that is: NOT 50% vanilla; NOT with almond notes; NOT with coconut notes. Beginning to think I may have to invent this one myself! :shh:

In six months, I'm sure I'll have something new to add. :p

~HoneyLady~

1. Bamboo Sugar-WSP
2. Relaxation-WSP
3. Warm Vanilla Oak- Millcreek
4. Sensual Sandalwood-BB
5. Cranberry Fig-BB

My current favorites are:

Tobacco & Bay Leaf (BB)
Christmas Splendor (EB&B)
Mediterranean Garden Spa (EB&B)
Lemongrass EO

And my top favorite is:

Vetyver (BB). I can't keep my nose out of the bars! They've been curing for a month and still smell fabulous. Very upscale masculine. Also, really easy to work with in CP - no A or D. I was able to attempt my first tiger stripe with this one that came out great. :thumbup:

Washisoap: My top 5 all natural sweet scents

My best ALL NATURAL sellers of all time(20 yrs in the biz)
1. Spearmint/teatree/peppermint/lavender...1/4 of each EO (Wintermint)
2. 100% Almond FLAVORING from Sam's added at trace along with vanilla flavoring from Sam's...(I add these to my colloidal oat flour to make the scent really stick well and reduce the water content by 4 oz, cause I add 1 oz of each(w 2 oz water) to make a slurry(for a 5 lb batch) This makes a really nice (Almond Oat) blend. you can also add orange oil or lemon oil to this for a bit of citrus.
3. Patchouli EO, Orange EO, Ylang Ylang EO, Lavender EO (.25 ea) (Herby-floral)
4. Spearmint EO/Grapefruit EO 50/50 (these two enhance each other)
5. Sweet Birch and Vanilla extract (also blended in c. oat flour)
I have found when I add my fragrance oils to a flour or clay slurry they tend to stick better in the final blend. I don't know why but they seem to be absorbed by the unsaponifiables causing a stronger scent. Has anyone else had the same experience? You can purchase these from lots of suppliers...NG, Essential Depot, WSP, BB, :smile:Elements, of course Sam's Club as I mentioned:smile:

Is Almond Flavoring the same thing as Almond Extract? My Sam's doesn't carry Almond Flavoring.

Is Almond Flavoring the same thing as Almond Extract? My Sam's doesn't carry Almond Flavoring.
This is an old thread from 2011, this person you have quoted hasn't been here for over 8 yrs, so you probably won't get an answer from them.

This thread is a cool idea! Maybe we can resurrect it? I haven't used very many scents yet, but of the ones I have used my order would be:
  1. BB Green Tea and Cucumber (a shocker for me, I don't usually go for the "fresh/green scents")🍵🥒
  2. BB Southern Peach 🍑
  3. BB Rustic Woods and Rum 🍁🍺
  4. Crafter's Choice Lavender & Mint 💜
  5. Crafter's Choice Apple Garland 🍎🌲

Latest posts

Back