Your PVC mold length??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMomma

Reaction score
I purchased a pvc pipe awhile back. I hadn't had a chance to try it out yet. I ended up having to cut a piece off of it to use for a different project. I now have 19" of the pipe left. I am wondering what length you pvc users use? Of course I could modify any recipe to whatever size.....but I am just curious. I also saved the last pringles can in case I over estimate. Or my little hand soap molds. I kind of like having a bit leftover to make one or two of those anyway. They are great to have on hand for us and great for gifts.......rambling....SORRY. Lol, anyway back to the question. What length is your pvc mold. Thanks!

I have 3 and they are pretty close to the same length - about 11 inhes. They were leftover scraps from my brothers plumbing project. They were longer than that to start but they were uneven and wouldn't sit flat. I took them by the high school and the boys in shop class cut them straight for me. :)

Thanks for your responses. I think mine started out as a 24" pipe. Now if I can just find where I saw the equation for figuring out how many ounces you need for this type of mold. All the other kinds give me no trouble......just new to this kind.

I think mine are closer to 12 inches...a leftover piece from a trellis project.

I had a problem getting the soap out. I tried to put a can underneath and push it out and Freezing it. The best thing that worked for me was to preheat my oven to 200 degrees, turn it off and put the soap/mold in there for about 20 minutes..then take it out...it worked wonderfully!

Oh, thanks for the tip jean. I have read horror stories about these pvc tubes and trying to get the soaps out. Everything from ppl dropping it on the side walk and breaking the mold, to waiting a month, to the freezer and the oven. Hopefully I won't be stuck with the month long wait. I don't plan on using the sidewalk ;)

Dropping it on the sidewalk is half the fun. In about 6 years of soaping, I've only broken one pipe. And, to be honest, that was in the basement.:shock:

Latest posts

Back