Where to buy soap making supplies South Africa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanzanite

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am just starting out with cold process soap making. I want to create my first batch soon. I live in Midrand, South Africa, and as such it is more difficult to find good suppliers of fragrance oils and colorants. I also haven't been able to find cocoa butter or shea butter anywhere in a shop.

My question to my fellow South Africans, where would you recommend I buy my soap making ingredients?

I’m not from South Africa but if you give us a list of what you can find we can help you figure out a recipe. while I do enjoy Shea in my soaps, it isn’t necessary for a successful soap. The same with coco butter.

I know we do have at least one member from your neck of the woods, hopefully she will be able to give about fragrances/colorants

Thank you :)

The recipe I was thinking of using is a basic recipe using 113g coconut oil, 181g olive oil, and 159g palm oil (5% superfat and 22% water discount). My ultimate goal is to make a soap my husband can use, he has really dry skin. I can get avocado oil, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. It's the hard oils I'm struggling with, they seem to be really expensive here.

I can get a variety of essential oils, but the colorants are all sold out everywhere. I was thinking of using natural colorants like coffee or paprika. My first batch will probably be uncolored to make it easier, with me playing around with some essential oils.

Hi Everyone

I am just starting out with cold process soap making. I want to create my first batch soon. I live in Midrand, South Africa, and as such it is more difficult to find good suppliers of fragrance oils and colorants. I also haven't been able to find cocoa butter or shea butter anywhere in a shop.

My question to my fellow South Africans, where would you recommend I buy my soap making ingredients?
You can buy ingredients online from places like soap barn, riverlea,fun with soap etc

Back