When you use shavings from beveling soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
...in another batch of soap, how much do you use? For instance, would the bevelings from one 6 lb batch be enough to mix into another 6 lb batch, or would you need more shavings than that?

Pug Mom said:
...in another batch of soap, how much do you use? For instance, would the bevelings from one 6 lb batch be enough to mix into another 6 lb batch, or would you need more shavings than that?
It depends....what exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Like Ian said it depends on how many shavings you have and how dense you want them to be in the new batch .

Kitn

I save all the little bits of left-over soap, soap from shavings etc. until I get enough to melt them down to make several bars of soap. My family doesn't mind using recycled soap.

You could also use the shavings in emulsified sugar scrub.

Pug Mom said:
I just want like a confetti type looking soap....

How many cups of shavings do you get off of your 6lb batch ??? some have heavier/lighter hands than others ya know!?!? :)

I would say for a 6lb batch... Id say you would want at leat 4-5 cups of shavings minimally... If you figure each pound of your soap will make about 5 bars give or take... (just doing this visually in my head from my lil 1lb mini mold and upping the scale :) )

Latest posts

Back