When making soap with carrot juice ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
When you make soap using carrot juice...do you replace all of the water with carrot juice....or just part of it ?

And what flavor do you scent it ? or do you scent it at all ? And will it turn brown or oxidize ?

You can do either as far as the liquid.

I scent my with something spicey....just my preference though.

Let your imagination run wild:)

Good luck

I made carrot soap last week - substituted 2 oz carrot baby food for 2 oz of water and scented it with orange. Turned out great.

Does it change the soap properties at all to use baby food ?

That would be a lot less expensive to just buy a jar of baby food.

Can you do that with other baby foods like banana ? or veggies ?

And if you used a green veggie would it give the soap a greenish color ?

I know my questions are crazy...lol

Oooo, how about a small portion of something like canned beets pureed??!!!
Would that work? I bet it would be a pretty color if it did!

OH WOW........What a great idea......But what flavor would you scent it ?

Maybe...Pomegranate or something like that...

I tried adding beet juice one time at trace--a tablespoon or so. It did NOT have the desired effect. There wasn't a hint of pink, but kind of a gray.

Beets do go gray , but I am wanting to try baby food squash , peas or beans , bananas , or squash .if the color stays like carrots it would be great.

Kitn

Hmmm, so the beet juice is out then.....

You guys have me wanting to experiment now! I plan on using colors first, then when I get what I want, I'll add the scents to them. Which means that I will probably have lots of colored unscented bars around!! :)

The soap I am using right now is a lovely pale pink with just a tiny bit of purple swirled through. It is scented with pomegranate and lavender eo.
Because my favorite soap is lavender scented I plan on making a batch of it, but would love to have it that pale pink color. I am trying to figure out how to get it that color with a natural product- or at least something I can get here rather than have to order.

Any ideas?

Vic1963 said:
Does it change the soap properties at all to use baby food ?

That would be a lot less expensive to just buy a jar of baby food.

Can you do that with other baby foods like banana ? or veggies ?

And if you used a green veggie would it give the soap a greenish color ?

I know my questions are crazy...lol
I don't really know how the baby food affected the soap properties - maybe I should make the same recipe without the baby food and compare. I am constantly wondering about adding edible items to soap & how that would turn out. :lol: Would probably need a preservative added to the soap (grapeseed or rosemary oleoresin) of which I don't have any. Since I only make soap for my personal use & family and friends I don't want a lot of soap that would maybe go rancid.

When making soap with carrot juice?

I, too, have made soap with baby carrot puree. It turned out really good. I also used buttermilk as the liquid. I did not scent it. It was a nice deep yellow color and it was an amazing face soap! Need to make more!

I hope you don't mind me posting my photo of carrot soap

I used 100% carrot juice as the liquid and added alittle pureed carrot at trace...was amazed at how yellow it came out! I didn't have much in the way of scents, so I used Guava and Cucumber FO...smells quite nice!
IMG_5248.jpg

I had already saw those beautiful carrot soaps...I am addicted to the photo gallery...lol.

Do you need to use a preservative when using carrot juice ? or Carrot Baby Food......and if so...what do you use ?

One time I made fresh carrot juice using a juicer, and used that for most all of the water, along with some cooked carrot purree. That was a really nice soap. If I remember correctly I think it turned out to be a pumpkin color....but then again, that was years ago, and my memory could be wrong :lol:

When making soap with carrot juice?

I don't think you need to worry about using a preservative when you use carrot juice or purred baby carrots or even cooked grated carrots. The lye takes care of that. I don't know about raw carrots though.

Back