When did WSP FO's get so expensive?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am becoming a fan of FB. Apart from the prices and some great scents I love being able to buy just a pound of FO without being charged an arm and a leg for shipping! BB for would charge me $17.95 shipping for 1 lb of FO compared to $6.75 from Fragrance Buddy....

WSP is not free shipping to Hawaii - they take 20% off the price of the order but then add high shipping :(

I feel like a broken record but once again I will recommend FragranceBuddy for cost effective alternatives. I've recently noticed many of the FB FOs look to be the same ones Peak sells at a higher price. Yes some of the FB FOs have higher usage rates so it makes me wonder if they are diluting. But the majority I have tried (especially the Lush dupes) are really nice and true to the original.

They're a good deal for me because shipping is fast and if you order more than $75 shipping is free. BB does have a few FOs that I just can't find anywhere else (Tobacco & Bay Leaf) but it seems to take forever and a day to get from WA to AL!

Not_ally definitely hit it on the head for me, if I can't read other soapers reviews I won't buy it. Luckily I have lots of resources to go to, I have an account at the soap review forum, I know how to search here for reviews, and those are first and foremost where I look if I am not as familiar with the supplier yet. I like suppliers that list behavior in cp, and BB gets points for showing me how it discolors to. The more information I can gather the more willing I am to buy regardless of cost.

I noticed a year or so ago that WSP 'standardized' their prices on many of their oils - a few were cheaper but the ones I tend to use a lot of like rice bran and castor went from something like $2/$3 per pound to $5.95/lb! Needless to say I now buy those oils from Soapers Choice.
And just a FYI about Coconut oil - Kroger now markets their own brand at $4.99 for a 30 oz jar. This makes it almost as cheap as ordering 50 lbs from Soapers Choice (with the shipping cost) and it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with the small jars than that huge cube!

I noticed a year or so ago that WSP 'standardized' their prices on many of their oils - a few were cheaper but the ones I tend to use a lot of like rice bran and castor went from something like $2/$3 per pound to $5.95/lb! Needless to say I now buy those oils from Soapers Choice.
And just a FYI about Coconut oil - Kroger now markets their own brand at $4.99 for a 30 oz jar. This makes it almost as cheap as ordering 50 lbs from Soapers Choice (with the shipping cost) and it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with the small jars than that huge cube!

that's good to know about the Kroger brand. I'll look for it next time I'm over there... TY

The Snappy coconut oil is great! I hate digging to the bottom of that container though...

I haven't purchased much from WSP. I do have to say though that I love fragrance buddy. I have ordered from them 4 times and all scents have soaped wonderfully. I also love mad oils for fragrance oils and mica. I love bulk apothecary for buyers and oils and other supplies. The chemistry store for chemicals.

Latest posts

Back