What's the Deal with Salt Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel said:
No, I didn't see it so I went back and looked again. How old is it? Maybe it will harden after a long cure. I had a batch like it but it eventually was usable. It never got real hard but I could pick it up. :lol:

Gloppy mess sounds good. You never know - it could turn out wonderful. :D

Its a week old. The funny part is part of the batch was fine and part was not. Maybe something to do with the fragrance oils? The EO's didnt harden and the FO's did.

I don't think the problem would be caused by EOs. Did you use a high percentage of olive? Did you soap at a cool temp?

You might want to wait a week and see if it hardens a bit. You may have to rebatch if you've used the recipe before and it turned out fine.

Hazel said:
I don't think the problem would be caused by EOs. Did you use a high percentage of olive? Did you soap at a cool temp?

You might want to wait a week and see if it hardens a bit. You may have to rebatch if you've used the recipe before and it turned out fine.

No, soybean, ricebran, coconut and palmkernel. Yes it was a cool temp, room temp.

I'm just guessing but you might have had false trace if the oils got too cool. I think you may have to wait a little to see if it firms up. Please let me know later what happens with it.

Hazel said:
I'm just guessing but you might have had false trace if the oils got too cool. I think you may have to wait a little to see if it firms up. Please let me know later what happens with it.

ok will do. It can just sit on the counter and look pretty.

Latest posts

Back