What part of 2nd-day air don't you understand

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Beachy, was the Oregon Co Oregon Trails? I was checking out their site when someone else mentioned one of their scents as an alternative.

Yes it was. Good scents too. I ordered some watermelon and their Coconut Breeze. 4 oz of each. I got a hand written note on the bottom of my invoice, saying thanks and that she enclosed a one ounce sample of Creamy Coconut, because she liked that one better and wanted me to try it. Haha. They're now on my vendor list.

Last edited:
WSP has a 15x orange eo that I use and love for those searching for an orange eo replacement. I have a few eo's from them, all great quality and reasonable prices.

I think I have ordered from every one of the "big" suppliers in the US over the years. I have had very minor issues with 3 of them, at different times. The supplier I *think* the OP is talking about issued me a credit without actually taking any responsibility, and I usually wait 2 weeks from when I place the order until it arrives. They have nothing I cannot live without, I don't order from them any more.

The 2 other suppliers, WSP and NG, both IMMEDIATELY sent out a full replacement, THAT DAY, no charge to me, no further questions asked. Again, very minor issues.

Another honorable mention, Lotioncrafter has twice issued a refund to my credit card for shipping charges that were less than the website calculated (and orders usually ship the same day).

I like to use the following suppliers.

Nature's Garden
Mikes Fragrances
Texas Natural..they can be a little slow at times and pricey, but their products are top of the line.Some great "all natural" Fo's too btw and every extract known to mankind.
Oregon Trail. Have only used them once, but had the order on my doorstep in 3 days from placing the order. I'll be using them in the future every chance I get.
WSM
ED
Soap Supplies, they have a beach scent I love.

As far as mentioning names, I don't see a problem in pointing out deficiencies in suppliers. I'm not bad mouthing them, just stating the facts. While their prices might be lower than others, they make up for it in the shipping and handling. I haven't been impressed with a number of their EO's and FO's sticking in CP soap. I had more damaged items from them than all the others combined. They are the slowest at shipping out of anyone I've ever ordered from. Their customer service is condescending at best and the solution is to send you a 5 dollar coupon so you can spend another 25 dollars on shipping. I'd probably quit soaping if they were the only supplier left. Now I'm just starting to Bramble, oops, I mean ramble. Maybe that was just a slip of the tongue. :)

Here's an abstraction, more about shipping systems than the suppliers though. I placed two orders from Soap Making Resource over the black Friday weekend. For some reason they shipped one via USPS and the other UPS. They receipts I got were on the 4th (UPS) and 5th (USPS). USPS Arived today the 8th, UPS tracking says it's still in PA. and should be here Thursday the 11th.

Edit, okay I've opened my package. For those of us that have the the EO/FO spills SMR packages their bottles pretty darn well. There is a thick plastic bag that is tightly zip tied and then the typical bubble wrap bag and lots of tape. The bag is really pretty substantial and I think they use one of those zip tie guns to seal it. In the event of a lost cap or broken bottle I doubt much would get out.
Also they do bonus grab bags which makes me happy. The grab bag had raspberry seeds (meh), dried spearmint (meh, then whoa that's strong! gonna infuse that in some oil and see if it will stick in a HP SF ), a half ounce of Litsea Cubeba (Awesome!), and then I didn't even see this at first but they sent a little wad of tussah Silk (Awesome!).
btw I had never smelled a pile of raspberry seeds before so I did. Turns out they smell just like the dried spearmint.

Last edited:
Here's an abstraction, more about shipping systems than the suppliers though. I placed two orders from Soap Making Resource over the black Friday weekend. For some reason they shipped one via USPS and the other UPS. They receipts I got were on the 4th (UPS) and 5th (USPS). USPS Arived today the 8th, UPS tracking says it's still in PA. and should be here Thursday the 11th.

I think the Christmas madhouse is upon us. Shipping's going to get crazier every day for a bit. I ordered a childrens book, written by a friend of mine, from Amazon on Sunday. It said the estimated delivery is December 26th. I could re read Moby Dick and War and Peace faster than that. :lolno:

Updated, just got a notification from Amazon. Now it's between Dec 26th and Jan the 6th. So I think I'll re read the Dune series while I'm at it.

Last edited:
"Another honorable mention, Lotioncrafter has twice issued a refund to my credit card for shipping charges that were less than the website calculated (and orders usually ship the same day).[/QUOTE]

A big yes to this; I've placed only a few orders with Lotioncrafter and for under $100,
each have order was shipped within hours (one time the shop was closing for a blizzard that very hour!), and shipping was refunded for any difference from website called calculations.

You're darn tootin', snappy llama! I just ordered gingery minty spice something-something flavor oil and am so excited.

Update: I got my order tonight and sent a message of apology to the customers whose soaps will be late. Sigh... 70 3D ornaments to make and I did 40 of them with a 3-cavity mold. I could have used that extra mold earlier.

Less whining, more soaping. Back to work.

I also don't see an issue with factually mentioning service - good or bad! If we can say the good, we should also say the bad. But both need to be cold hard facts.

'I got my order the next day'
Or
'It's been 3 weeks and I still don't have my mica'

You can only be sued for libel if it is not true, so just watch how you word it

'Company x has the worst delivery in the world!'
Is not good

'Company x has really disappointed me with the shipping. It's been 3 weeks, is more expensive than a lot of the competition and the good often leak. I'm not using company x any more'
They could sue, but if your statement is true then they would lose and look very stupid

Agree that LotionCrafter is fabulous. Great customer service, super-quick shipping and honest pricing (meaning they don't fleece you on the shipping).

Re the WA company: on the plus side, I find them mostly helpful with product questions (though slow to answer) and I really appreciate that they will send items flat rate to Hawaii (but they do tack on a fair bit for handling/insurance).
I have learned to send photos if I have an issue (and I've had a few). I have personally emailed the owner to suggest she takes on more customer service because I think a lot of the problems arise from them being overwhelmed to the point that the halos they are expected to keep bright and shiny get ...ahem...tarnished.
I have purchased quite a few FO's from them but many of them I have now substituted for similar ones from other suppliers at a much cheaper price.
This is me trying to be vague and a tactful :)

I think the Christmas madhouse is upon us. Shipping's going to get crazier every day for a bit. I ordered a childrens book, written by a friend of mine, from Amazon on Sunday. It said the estimated delivery is December 26th. I could re read Moby Dick and War and Peace faster than that. :lolno:

Yes, the Christmas shipping madhouse is indeed upon us. With everything that I have ordered online, I have been getting emails from UPS that the delivery of my package will be delayed...and delivery usually is the day after they said it would be here originally.

I did order from the WA company recently...my package was a bit slow getting shipped, but it was packaged well. I noticed that the tracking was a bit sketchy as to where my package was while it was enroute. Which was kind of annoying.....

This week or the end of last week I have ordered from SKS, Bulk Apothecary, Ingredients to die for, and a couple of other places and I have already gotten all my shipments. The Ingredients to die for notice came this morning that it was on my porch and it was supposed to get here after the weekend. I've had really good luck *knock on wood* with shipping so far. *please universal life force let this trend continue.*

I've had really good experiences with SoapGoods. They've never been a problem in any way. I'm very lucky so far, no?

For essential oils I use a supplier called Wyndmere Naturals. They're not the cheapest, but they're in my home town so I can call them in the morning with a request, and drive down to pick it up at lunch. And - their EOs are rock-solid consistent. AND - it's fun to walk into their office, because they have a warehouse full of drums of EOs they're using to fill orders, and the place smells absolutely amazing! and - they like me because I bring them free soap samples :smile:

I have only used a couple suppliers so far and oddly enough I still get faster shipping from Brambleberry than WSP, NDA and Nature's Garden. Maybe it's cause I am in California but I have compared prices in total, including shipping, and they still end up being the most reasonable all around and I find their quality the best so far. I have a lots still to try though.

I have only used a couple suppliers so far and oddly enough I still get faster shipping from Brambleberry than WSP, NDA and Nature's Garden. Maybe it's cause I am in California but I have compared prices in total, including shipping, and they still end up being the most reasonable all around and I find their quality the best so far. I have a lots still to try though.

Agreed. I have had the same experience as you in regards to shipping and prices.

Soap Making Resourse is very good, one you get to basics = figure out that ten thousand oils or what have you, make no difference.

The EO's come in with a bit of generosity, not the 3/4 filled, they are filled full. They are true.

Everything is double, maybe triple packed. Take advantage while you can.

Shipping, packing, items, etc.. Change daily in the U.S.

I've had really good experiences with SoapGoods. They've never been a problem in any way. I'm very lucky so far, no?

For essential oils I use a supplier called Wyndmere Naturals. They're not the cheapest, but they're in my home town so I can call them in the morning with a request, and drive down to pick it up at lunch. And - their EOs are rock-solid consistent. AND - it's fun to walk into their office, because they have a warehouse full of drums of EOs they're using to fill orders, and the place smells absolutely amazing! and - they like me because I bring them free soap samples :smile:

I'm in Minnesota too!

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I agree with the previous posters... and I'm gonna name names.

I've had missing items and slow slow slow shipping from BB. And it's a shame because they really are king of social media and have really good tutorials & such. They do that so well, and are very slick in their site presentation--they seem very likable. In their defense, I am literally on the opposite side of the USA from them, so anything delaying after it leaves their warehouse isn't in their control. HOWEVER, it takes several days (at best) to get their staff to even put my order into a box (and remember the whole order), and that is any time of year, not just at the holiday rush. :???:

I've had mixed experience with BA, nothing that would keep me away, but I have to watch orders to be sure.

WSP, SG and the like have been great and fast fast fast. I know if I order on M, T or even W, it'll be here on my doorstep by Fri. Always well packaged.

I agree with the previous posters... and I'm gonna name names.

I've had missing items and slow slow slow shipping from BB. And it's a shame because they really are king of social media and have really good tutorials & such. They do that so well, and are very slick in their site presentation--they seem very likable. In their defense, I am literally on the opposite side of the USA from them, so anything delaying after it leaves their warehouse isn't in their control. HOWEVER, it takes several days (at best) to get their staff to even put my order into a box (and remember the whole order), and that is any time of year, not just at the holiday rush. :???:

I've had mixed experience with BA, nothing that would keep me away, but I have to watch orders to be sure.

WSP, SG and the like have been great and fast fast fast. I know if I order on M, T or even W, it'll be here on my doorstep by Fri. Always well packaged.
Yup, yup and yup. I am also on the East Coast. I have always kept an eye on BA because of the things I've read, but I really haven't had an issue with them. BB, on the other hand? Seriously, their attitude needs an adjustment with regards to holiday shipping, at a minimum, never mind the rest of the year, which is almost as abysmal. I've had issues with WSP also, they've dragged their heels a few times on shipments, never to the extent of BB. The rest of the vendors have been fine, no one rises to the top over anything except for Soaper's Choice - they are amazingly quick with their shipments, I order on Sunday evening, and I'll have it in my hands by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Latest posts

Back