What did you eat today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made fried rice yesterday, very slowly fried in my crock pot, using a mix of wild rices. Once the rice was sufficiently 'browned' (most of it was brown rice, so it's a bit hard to see the browning), I stirred in onion, peppers, garlic, chopped veggie bacon, pine nuts & some finely sliced kale stems (kale leaves added at the end of the cook.) After awhile I added water & left it while going to visit MIL at the nursing home. Took Kitty Baby with me. We stopped at the park & she didn't want to be near all the people, so she lead me back home (on her leash). The rice was perfect at that point, so I turned the heat off, walked back to the park to get my car & came back to eat.

This morning I added spicey veggie sausages & mustard greens to the leftover fried rice & that is my breakfast. I believe I will have a second helping with my tea.

@Catscankim, what do you do with the rest of the pizza pie? I always wrap 2 slices in aluminium foil & freeze. From a large pizza, that can turn out to be several more meals. Some pizzas taste better heated up later.

@Catscankim, what do you do with the rest of the pizza pie? I always wrap 2 slices in aluminium foil & freeze. From a large pizza, that can turn out to be several more meals. Some pizzas taste better heated up later.

thats exactly how i do it. Plus I like heating them up in a frying pan. Sounds weird, and its a relatively new technique for me, but i wont do it any other way now. The crust gets nice and crispy.

thats exactly how i do it. Plus I like heating them up in a frying pan. Sounds weird, and its a relatively new technique for me, but i wont do it any other way now. The crust gets nice and crispy.
Not weird at all! It’s the best way to reheat pizza. Been doing it that way for years. This Jersey girl hates soggy pizza!

Vareniks with cherries

bc3711ba.jpg

It’s been an eat what I’ve got kind of week. Yesterday I ate wild turkey leg. It had to cook for 8 hours in the crock pot the day before, but it was delicious! Weird thing, the tendons are almost like bones. They remind me of popsicle sticks. I had a taco bowl with venison for dinner. Today nothing defrosted, so probably going to eat some canned soups I’ve made that I always forget about.
I like food posts!

Today’s menu was totally unexciting but we have a bushel of Chesapeake Bay blue crabs ready to be steamed for a gathering at our house tomorrow night. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, which means dinner will be on the back deck. “Picking crabs” is slow eating, but a very nice way to spend time with friends.

I grew up calling them pee-doe-gee. Which my friend never knew what I was saying about this deliciousness that my grandmom made. Then I saw a box of Mrs T's in her freezer, I'm like "THESE!" Then she teased me for the rest of my life about my pronunciation.

Recently I went into a Polish deli and asked for pierogi the way I knew how to pronounce them from my childhood and they rolled out the red carpet for me LOL. Like I found my people.

I ate a half of a turkey and swiss on wheat today LOL. Its all I had time for. Its 10:30 and I wish I could find somewhere to deliver me a chicken parm sandwich.

Today’s menu was totally unexciting but we have a bushel of Chesapeake Bay blue crabs ready to be steamed for a gathering at our house tomorrow night. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, which means dinner will be on the back deck. “Picking crabs” is slow eating, but a very nice way to spend time with friends.

How do you get enough newspaper for a crab feast? So few people subscribe to newspapers any more! Aaaahhh! I remember those summer days - crabs just hours from the catch!

Bratwurst & watermelon for breakfast. Yum.

That was breakfast yesterday. Today I had
oatmeal with applesauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon and almond milk.
2 cups of coffee with almond milk to get my heart started.
9 gin-soaked raisins for my arthritis plus other vitamins and supplements.
Yum... not so much. 🥴

Last edited:
Bratwurst & watermelon for breakfast. Yum.

That was breakfast yesterday. Today I had
oatmeal with applesauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon and almond milk.
2 cups of coffee with almond milk to get my heart started.
9 gin-soaked raisins for my arthritis plus other vitamins and supplements.
Yum... not so much. 🥴
why not just 9 raisins and a shot of rum LOL

edit, or 9 raisins and a Bahama Mama LOL

Oh, it was gin. You are on your own with that one. Gin and macerated fresh cranberries with tonic water is the best I can come up with for that. Its an actual drink. Probably good for you if there is health value in the gin...

Last edited:
I hafta tell ya, Kim, I was diagnosed with arthritis in my left shoulder at age 65. I found that recipe in a book of Amish Folk Remedies. You can find it on line. It's very popular. I haven't missed a day since I first made it (except while in the hospital! Sheesh!) I'm now 79 and have NO pain and almost full mobility (I don't exercise as much as I should lately, so I'm a little stiff at times.) I also have it in my left knee and along with a bit of scoliosis in my lower spine.

I'm grateful to my angels/guides for keeping me pain free. 🥰

Latest posts

Back