What about y'all? What's your dream soap setup?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
What about y'all? What's your dream soap setup?
as in the words of Andrea Badgley
Sacred Suds ~ Divinely Inspired Handmade Soaps.
This thread will be a lot of fun :lol: me thinks.

My dream

Okay ,I must actually prize my fingers off the key board and do something non soaping , non soaping directly ,all actually revolves arround it.
But I will throw a very quick thought of mine in to the ring and then add to it later.
My dream Soaponifiaction Area would be TWO.
The place that I have but stream lined , tidy etc.
Then the other one in Ireland. I would be able to go between the two once twice a year maybe. Depending on wheich climate I wished to be in at the time.
I could leave a heap of soap in one country to cure and come back to beautifully cured soap surprises. I would start imediately to make new batches that I had thought up while flying 'whimsical class' ,then get amoungst the local peoples while placing my soaps in their appropriate Galleries .
and then .........
:idea: :lol: :idea: :lol: :idea: :lol: :idea:

LOL Starduster you kill me. :)

Mine would be on about an acre of land in a 4-5 bedroom mobile home set up for nothing but soaping, candle making in the main area and a few of the bedrooms (walls either knocked out completely or made into half walls so it's an open space all around) and "other crafts" in a few of the other bedroom areas.
That would be ideal for me. I would LOVE that... :):):)

My idea setup would be a tiny little house for family, and a HUGE soaping workshop out back.

I'd have a Hobart mixer.....a restaurant style water boiler with tip and pour capabilities (for HP).....some Cres Cors for CPOP stuff, commercial sinks for cleanup, and a humidity controlled curing room.

Not that I've given it any thought or anything. :lol:

Okay - I posted this in another thread, but the thought of my dream soap room made me so so happy, I had to post here, where it belongs.

Wow, my dream Saponifactory... I'm seeing myself in a warm wooden room, looking out a (large) window over my vast wooden deck nestled into a green forest (any natural setting can be inserted here, including beach, mountain, meadow, ocean). A babbling brooke winding through the trees a few meters away from the steps of my porch would be lovely (or waves lapping on the shore, butterflies flitting in my garden, etc etc). French doors would lead out to the porch so that I could mix my lye outside and avoid creating noxious fumes in my home. Inside, I'd have all of my soaping equipment out on a counter where I NEVER HAD TO PUT IT AWAY to make room for making dinner, snacks, pies, bread, sandwiches, kid lunches... In other words, it wouldn't be in my kitchen. I'd still have a deep sink, though, and counter tops and cabinet space for storing all of my oils, butters, molds. I'd have spice-rack type shelving on the wall above my soaping counter where I could store all of my EOs (alphabetically). I'd have a table for cutting and finishing soaps, and a table for packaging and shipping. I'd have baker's racks for storing both curing and cured soaps, and I'd have a nice desk and filing cabinet for the business end of things. And it would all be right there, in the same room, a place for everything and everything in its place. Ahhhhhh, it blisses me out just to think of it...

Dream Setup

I'd love to have a nice, sunny room set up like a lab with chemical resistant counter-tops, a large sink and a sterilizing dishwasher. I'd also love a refrigerator dedicated to storing my oils between soap making sessions. I'd have nice shelves displaying my collection of apothecary bottles and canisters, each holding other ingredients that I add to my soaps like clays, oatmeal, almonds, and silk. Another shelf would display my soapmaking books.

There would be a custom cabinet with smoked glass doors for storing all my essential oils. It would be large but not deep, so I could open the doors and see all of my oils on display, arranged alphabetically, at a single glance.

I'd like a pantry-style closet arranged with cooling rack style shelves for curing my soap, complete with humidity control and a gentle fan to encourage air circulation.

Best of all, this would be a space that is off limits to my five cats so that I don't have to lock them in the bedroom whenever I make soap!

Latest posts

Back