Well...glad that worked!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mockingbird Ramble

Reaction score
Traded my "makes a living from selling soap, including very nice store" neighboor some garden tomatoes for a gallon of handmilked goats milk consentrate.

I froze it before adding the lye, forgot to dilute it and ended up with cake batter thickness, added that to my fats, stick blended the grass out of it, then added my clay, oatmeal and peppermint FO.

Oh then instead of my normal pringles can I just poured it into a cake pan..unlined.

Unmoulded it tonight after a quick freeze and while I can't cut straight it turned out beautiful.

So my experiments this batch were...
Goatsmilk
GV shortening
Peppermint FO
Cakepan.

So how many new things have you tried this week or in a recent batch?

I have stuff to try I just bought an hour ago. :) all milks.. Already have done cream and goats.
In the freezer now is chocolate coconut milk yogurt thinned with organic hemp milk to keep it brown. Also bought coconut milk, evaporated milk, plain yogurt, organic oat milk and canned goats milk. (I have used fridge kind before).

It was pretty good. About ready to test it in a week but small chunks I tried were nice and creamy. I tried a calculation to have be use the bovine fat in soapcal and it worked out well I hope!

I tried shea butter and essentials oils for the first time. I got my shipment of oils from BB this week and went to town with it. I blended patchouli, sweet orange and lavender. Then I added a little lemongrass, orange valencia and litsea cubeba. I know it sounds weird, but it smells great! Unfortunately, I only took measurements of the 1st three and I just put in spurts of the others, so I'll never be able to really duplicate the scent. But I have 10 bars of it, so I'll enjoy it for a long while.

I made my first successful salt batch, learned to use herbs for delicate colors and experimented with adding sugar to castile for added bubbles.

I'm trying GM soap this weekend for the first time. I have it in the freezer ready to make tomorrow. A little nervous but I think I'm ready.

Has anybody used pasterized GM? It's the only type I can get since I have to purchase from a store (Whole Foods) since there are no sources around me. Is there any GM 'benefits' to it?

I have used canned goat's milk which is pasteurized. I also pasteurize our cow's milk with my home pasteurizer and I use it and the cream in some of my soaps. Your pasteurized milk should work fine.

I have used canned goat's milk which is pasteurized. I also pasteurize our cow's milk with my home pasteurizer and I use it and the cream in some of my soaps. Your pasteurized milk should work fine.

Thanks!

i'm having soaper's envy! I won't be home til next weekend, so i'm shopping some men's & fall scents, working on my estore with a men's solid cologne, ordered 8 square silicone molds that fit my new soap boxes perfectly and now shopping for a new soap stamp...I've used the milky way's heart stamp for about 8 years, so it's going to be hard to say goodbye, but I now need a square stamp...(*sigh!*)

Back