We have a WINNER!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My my my! Thank you so much! I have to say that I was lucky that it all came together well because I have plenty of botches under my belt, that is for certain. My stars aligned!

How many people want to join me for next month?? It's spoon swirls and my understanding from Amy Warden is that they will be the Celine type spoon swirls, not spoon layered swirls. It would be fun to have a whole bunch of us in there, don't you think? We could all help each other pick out a person's best work. It would be a blast!

Daryl, Great Cakes has a challenge every month. Amy Warden sets out the rule about what kind of soap is the challenge of the month- it can be a color palette, a technique, or both. They have had peacock swirls, ITP swirls, Dandelion swirls, Holly swirls, color matching, negative space embedding, positive space embedding etc... and you have to make the soap according to the rules and it has to be made during the time frame of the contest, so you can't enter an old soap you already made. You have to pay to sign up ($5.95) and then you get the tutorials. The timeframe is set out and Amy emails all the info for that, then the link up for you to show your soap (blog, FB or Pinterest) and you have to say how you made your soap- no one can hide techniques. Then everyone has three votes you can cast for your favorites and once it's tallied up, they announce the winners.

Lynnz!!! I haven't seen a post from you in a coon's age, as they say. I hope you are well!

My my my! Thank you so much! I have to say that I was lucky that it all came together well because I have plenty of botches under my belt, that is for certain. My stars aligned!

How many people want to join me for next month?? It's spoon swirls and my understanding from Amy Warden is that they will be the Celine type spoon swirls, not spoon layered swirls. It would be fun to have a whole bunch of us in there, don't you think? We could all help each other pick out a person's best work. It would be a blast!

Daryl, Great Cakes has a challenge every month. Amy Warden sets out the rule about what kind of soap is the challenge of the month- it can be a color palette, a technique, or both. They have had peacock swirls, ITP swirls, Dandelion swirls, Holly swirls, color matching, negative space embedding, positive space embedding etc... and you have to make the soap according to the rules and it has to be made during the time frame of the contest, so you can't enter an old soap you already made. You have to pay to sign up ($5.95) and then you bet the tutorials. The timeframe is set out and Amy emails all the info for that, then the link up for you to show your soap (blog, FB or Pinterest) and you have to say how you made your soap- no one can hide techniques. Then everyone has three votes you can cast for your favorites and once it's tallied up, they announce the winners.

Lynnz!!! I haven't seen a post from you in a coon's age, as they say. I hope you are well!

Congrats! Truly beautiful and wonderfully executed!!! Love the new technique, must put out a tutorial for the DNA swirl (not on Facebook so I didn't see if you had one out or not)

Question-
What is this spoon swirl you mentioned for December - celine type??? Is that like soaping 101 I *think* I saw when first starting out (a whole 5 months or so ago lol) where you layer per your choice of colors, and you literally use a spoon to dip down into the batter and swirl upwards, *as opposed to* soap queen tutorials where you "spoon plop" batter?
Am I making sense lol? Being new, I wanted to join, learn, and get into the thick of soaping this last challenge. I just didn't have the courage. A group here going for it may help encourage me, and other newbies, to learn techniques and experiment pushing our limits.

May be nice.

Congrats again, it's so beautiful, really :clap:

Wowza Amy (can't call you newbie because this kinda talent isn't 'newbie-level') . . . you rocked my socks off with that DNA swirl! I thought the hidden feather swirl or Grumpy Girl's Acid trip swirl was the ultimate but you've given them a run for their money. :thumbup:

I would definitely love to see some other talented soapers from here in contests! I kind of suck at swirls and stuff still but there is certainly enough talent on this forum to give a good run.

Beautiful soap Amy, congratulations. Your colors are so bright and alive! It reminds me of combed glass.

Wow, you guys! Thank you so much! This is the best forum ever.

LionPrincess, this will not be a spoon plop or a spoon layering but one where you have to take a spoon to layered soap to swirl it. This woman has a lot of soap videos and she uses a spoon in this video, near to the end for swirling, so you can see what she does. This is Celine of Iamhandmade.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL0DruqD1aE[/ame]

I think it would be really fun if a number of us signed up and entered a soap! How many are up for it???

http://www.greatcakessoapworks.com/products/soap-challenge-club-membership

I found that video recently, and wow, is there a lot of dead time in there! Gotta fast forward a bunch on that one, but it is fun to hear her say, "I don't know if it has a name, I'm just gonna name it after myself and call it the Celine swirl until somebody comes along with something different." She got it out there and made it stick, even though she probably didn't know that was going to happen. If she had known, she might have edited the video down before posting it, lol!

It would be fun to get a bunch of people to enter. It would be interesting to see how much it pushes people to create something beautiful and new when they're under pressure. I don't always work best that way, so not sure if it's a good motivator for me, but I'll sure be thinking about what I could do to get even remotely close to that league.

I think I'll just watch. I'm almost stellar at watching people swirl. Not so much, when it comes to my own swirling. :lolno:

That's like the soaping 101 video I saw a few months back she called the spoon swirl.
don't know if the link works, but I'll try..http://youtu.be/QVqumEo-Bew

Thx for the clarification and the video!! And congrats again!

I *may* sign up, but honestly these contestants have been soaping yrs usually and think way outside the tiny box my brain lives in.
It's intimidating a tad.

If any of our members do enter, please be sure and post it here so we can go vote!

Back