Walmart GV All Vegetable Shortening

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melonie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody tried to use the Walmart "All Vegetable" Shortening to make soaps? If you have, is there a difference between the Walmart brand & "original" Crisco (not the new one w/palm). Please let me know.

Thanks,

Melonie

I find the WalMart and the old Crisco to perform the same in soaps (the "new" Crisco was problematic for me).

BUT Crisco's formulations vary by geography, so the crisco you used may not be the same that *I* used even if we are just a few states apart.

definitely read the ingredient listing. that should tell where where the differences are. i use the "new" crisco (basically just soybean and palm oil, some hydrogenated) and i love the results.

Hi All,

That's wonderful that the Walmart brand is similar to Crisco and costs less. I have a few cans in my kitchen and will make soaps out of them. Thank you for all your help.

Have a great day,

Melonie

I use this all the time for the recipes I have the call for shortening. The Crisco is different now and the GV all vegi shortening is like the old Crisco. The soap I've made from it has turned out well, and it's cheaper than Crisco.

Back