Very plain shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elly

Reaction score
My first beer and egg yolk shampoo bar, not the best looking bar but I hope it will perform well, its only a couple of weeks old so far lather is quite abundant but it feels a bit slimy, maybe too much OO, hope it changes as it cures. The other issue I have with it is that the scent of lemongrass and litsea is somewhat affected by the beer, any suggestions? Thanks for looking

218rw.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

As long as you have a good lather, the sliminess shouldn't matter. So does it smell overwhelmingly like beer? You could rebatch it with more lemongrass if you hate it.
I think it looks pretty, with a little cowlick on top.

My shampoo bar is a bit slimy also. I thought it might be the high castor oil (20+ percent I think). Yours are pretty. How do you add the egg in? I heard beer was good for hair and I'd love to try something like this when my current shampoo bars are out.

As long as you have a good lather, the sliminess shouldn't matter. So does it smell overwhelmingly like beer? You could rebatch it with more lemongrass if you hate it.
I think it looks pretty, with a little cowlick on top.
It has plenty of suds with big bubbles that turn into creamy lather, there is some sliminess but it is getting better as it cures, it has 40% OO which is what I normally do with all my other soaps, some turn out with a slimy feeling and others do not, can't really work out what it is that makes the difference. The lemongrass scent is not unpleasant but rather faint and not very much like lemongrass more a combo of beer and lemongrass, don't hate it but I expected it to be more overpowering over the beer, I think next time I use beer I'll choose a stronger EO such as cedarwood or patchouli.

My shampoo bar is a bit slimy also. I thought it might be the high castor oil (20+ percent I think). Yours are pretty. How do you add the egg in? I heard beer was good for hair and I'd love to try something like this when my current shampoo bars are out.
I used only 10% Castor on this one I didn't want the soap to turn out too soft. I've heard that a combo of beer and egg yolk makes a very good pooh bar that's why I added these two ingredients, I'll wait another week to try it on my hair. I added the egg yolks first to a small amount of the warm oils then mixed it all in with rest of the oils before adding the lye, it was all uneventful no fast tracing or anything, it did go into full gel, I was happy about that because it gave it a uniform color.

Thank you for your comments :wink:

Your shampoo bar looks and sounds great. I've never tried a shampoo bar and one with egg and beer sounds great for hair!

Thanks Kaz, I've never tried a shampoo bar before either but the combo of beer and egg sounded really good, I know that these two products are very popular and used in certain countries to improve hair's condition. Can't wait to try it.

Thank you for your comment Lyn, I also want to try it so badly but have to make the effort to wait a bit longer and see if it makes a difference to my hair. I tried a pine tar soap that I made a while ago and it left my hair feeling so good it inspired me to try make a shampoo bar. :wink:

Latest posts

Back