True, sticky lavender FO for CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that a truly good lavender FO is a unicorn. For some reason, I thought that finding one would be easy but over the years it has eluded me. If they're good OOB or in B&B they don't stick in CP, and if they stick in CP, they're not good! When I've searched here it seems like the ones that people liked (TCS Lavender for one) are no longer around. Does anyone have any suggestions? I usually prefer FO's to EOs because they tend to stick better, but this is one case where I might just stay with a good lavender EO blend and call it a day absent insight from you guys.

I like the one from Lone Star candle. I made a whole bunch of lavender soap around Christmas and have left overs, if you pm your address I can send you a sample, if you want; so you can decide before spending the money and time on a batch.

I am beginning to think that a truly good lavender FO is a unicorn. For some reason, I thought that finding one would be easy but over the years it has eluded me. If they're good OOB or in B&B they don't stick in CP, and if they stick in CP, they're not good! When I've searched here it seems like the ones that people liked (TCS Lavender for one) are no longer around. Does anyone have any suggestions? I usually prefer FO's to EOs because they tend to stick better, but this is one case where I might just stay with a good lavender EO blend and call it a day absent insight from you guys.

I took @Zany_in_CO"s advice and mix lavender EO with my castor oil and 1 tsp of arrowroot powder ppo and let them sit overnight in a sealed container. Strong sticky lavender scent so far

Would you consider a lavender and sage blend? I think the one from Pure Fragrance is good (the old Moonworks) and the one from Fragrance Buddy works as well although a bit lighter). There are others out there that I have yet tried. The sage makes the scent cleaner and maybe a bit earthy but the scent sticks.

Thanks, you guys! @glendam , that is so kind of you. I think I might take you up on that. I'll PM you in a bit. @dibbles, my lavender trials were mostly from my last soaping stint, I think I tried a bunch, did not really like most, but then found Soapapalooza's Tassi Lavender which I did like and stuck with it. But then they went under.

Since I have been back I tried NDA's French lavender FO (did not stick well enough), Midwest Fragrance's Lavender FO (did not stick at all after a month or so) and the Candlescience one (too powdery). I know you and @dmcgee5034 recommended a Brambleberry one, but it was too expensive (I think $40+ for the big bottle, and I'm trying to limit my expensive FO's to the ones I really can't live without.) @lucycat, I remember liking several of the PFO FO's, I am going to have to go back to my notes and check them again for an order.

MMS introduced Tassi Lavender after Soapalooza (or her previous company) closed. I don't know if it is the same fragrance but believe MMS tried to offer the same/similar to the Soapalooza one.

Back