Toner cartridges

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapsydaisy

Reaction score
I found a great source for toner refills. I have an old Brother 2040 laser printer. When I looked at Staples 1 toner cartridge was $65. My husband mentioned some site his friend told him about, www.meritline.com I purchased 2 cartridges and shipping for under $30. They are "generic" cartridges but they had the same print coverage and description that Staples had.

BTW, did you know that some laser printers try to scam you (mine being one of those models)? The ink sensor in the printer will tell you that your toner is out of ink and will not print. If you cover the sensor on the cartridge with a piece of masking tape you will get several hundred more pages out of your cartridge and you won't have to deal with the annoying light and messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't all models though LSG. My HP laser printer at work won't tell me it is low on toner until the printing is compromised. If your printer is telling you to replace the toner but the print looks fine it is probably a sensor issue.

I have an okidata that many do not carry aftermarket cartridges for. An Oem toner cost upwards of $132 ea. I buy mine from imagetoner.com for $27 each! Same coverage although I think the print quality is a minor difference from oem versus aftermarket, but I am completely happy with the minor difference! The same goes for their drums, of which mine has 4 and a fuzer on top of it all. Oki tried to say it would not register the cartridge and they work just fine. When I first tried this companies toner he promised me money back if they did not work. Had one problem with a drum and they replaced it with no questions asked and covered all return shipping. Great company to purchase from

Latest posts

Back