Three-in-One Challenge Soap and Other Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melstan775

Reaction score
This is a three-in-one soap. It is not only the week four challenge soap for Amy Warden's challenge,, but the leopard spot design was perfect for the valleys that dot Nevada's landscape, so it also fits into a local theme challenge going on for SMF this April.. Also this will be the soap that goes to a swap I am participating in (not the secret friend swap!) This one is scented with a Patchouli blend that is very fresh instead of resinous. Smells yum.

The second one is Orange Litsea. It was supossed to be Sandalwood Orange, however, the litsea overpowers the soap completely. It smells like a navel orange. I love it, but the sandalwood helps to just mellow the citrus so it's not all pine-sol as opposed to being an actual orange and sandalwood scent. This too smells yum, though it was very strong at first. This one was great because I did it in my new mold woo!

The Red head giants, in a nutshell, since I keep stuttering about it in my video about the locale/leopard spot soap:

The Paiute people came to this region at least 15,000 years ago. Their mythology has many tales around the region about the redheaded giants who repeatedly tortured them. The giants were said to be six - to - eight feet tall. Some accounts of the giants have that at twelve feet tall! One such legend with the giants has it that the Paiutes chased them into a cave near Lake Lahanton. They promised peace if the giants came out. But when the giants emerged, the Paiutes shot them with arrows. The remaining giants in the cave died as a result of a fire the Paiutes lit in the cave entrance.

This story was assumed to be a myth until mining in the 1900's revealed the cave, with the bones of some very tall people, the volley of arrows, and evidence of fire-burning in the cave's entry. This story was not just a 15,000 year old myth handed down for hundreds of generations - it was true ancient history.

Stories like this one involving the redheaded giants are told around the region. Many of the stories are violent in nature and the Paiutes were not a civilized tribe historically. It is possible that the Paiutes learned their violent ways from their repeated encounters with the redheaded giants. Some Paiutes are very tall, over six feet. Is it possible they also share genes with the giants? Who knows, there is no one around to tell it, but it is very interesting to me.

PRSoap.JPG

OrangeLitsea.JPG

Very pretty! The leopard spots are awesome! And the story is just as amazing. Wow. What a great history, violent, but very interesting!! :)

Wow, very well done Mel! I love the leopard spots! I still haven't been inspired to do those... it has to be a week after the challenge is over before I am inspired on Amy's challenges it seems! I also love the story that went with the soap. Thank you for sharing :)

Latest posts

Back