This batch accelerated

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotty Toddy

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the recipe itself, tge lye concentration or the FO (Lebermuth BR) that made the batch accelerate pretty quickly with stick blending. Thoughts?

IMG_3774.jpeg

The formula doesn't seem super speedy, the oils look fine. 40% lye concentration is fairly high, so rapid trace could come from that, although I know some people here find it a sweet spot where trace slows down again after speeding up at intermediate lye concentrations.

What does the "BR" in the FO stand for? What temp did you soap at? For me, rapid acceleration is usually from the fragrance. But soaping at high temps could also lead to quicker trace.

The formula doesn't seem super speedy, the oils look fine. 40% lye concentration is fairly high, so rapid trace could come from that, although I know some people here find it a sweet spot where trace slows down again after speeding up at intermediate lye concentrations.

What does the "BR" in the FO stand for? What temp did you soap at? For me, rapid acceleration is usually from the fragrance. But soaping at high temps could also lead to quicker trace.
Bay Rum. Temps were warm, but I didn’t measure. Definitely not hot

Latest posts

Back