The soap on the front page of Aussie Soap Supplies...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why doesn't the soap discloour? it has vanilla in it and i though vanilla discoloured. i thought it was such a pretty soap when i first saw it but couldn't figure out why it hadn't discoloured. i need enlightenment!

just off topic, does anyone have the cucumber soap recipe that used to be on the aussie or heirloom site?

some blackraspberry vanilla FOs don't discolor at all, others only slightly. go figure.

i have used black raspberry vanilla and it didn't discolor my soap. i just love this scent. It is a keeper for me. :)

whisks said:
why doesn't the soap discloour? it has vanilla in it and i though vanilla discoloured. i thought it was such a pretty soap when i first saw it but couldn't figure out why it hadn't discoloured. i need enlightenment!

just off topic, does anyone have the cucumber soap recipe that used to be on the aussie or heirloom site?

Is this the recipe you're after? Its a bit hard to find as it doesnt have cuke in the title....
http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Bu ... -p-39.html.

I use BigTrees BRV & it doesn't discolour. But it's not overly vanilla-ish anyway. Everyone loves it.Bit sweet for me but its sure popular.

Im champing at the bit to get soaping again. I really like the look of that soap Chrissy,with the colour where it is,& the piled up top....On the list!
:D

thanks, lisa. i remember when i first saw it, i wasn't sure about it, but i've got some cucumber in the firdge i'd like to try it with...but i need some buttermilk. i don't have a cucumber FO either...i wonder if a green tea and honey FO would be okay. i also have a honey FO.

I use Titanium Dioxide in all my Vanilla and Vanilla blend soaps and they turn out white every time?

Does this not work for anyone else?

i made a saop with 2% vanilla in it and it was a light beige with TD in it, not white, but i'm happy to give it another go.

whisks said:
thanks, lisa. i remember when i first saw it, i wasn't sure about it, but i've got some cucumber in the firdge i'd like to try it with...but i need some buttermilk. i don't have a cucumber FO either...i wonder if a green tea and honey FO would be okay. i also have a honey FO.

The green tea & honey sounds nice. I haven't found a cucumber smelling cuke FO,they're all rather floral to my nose-which is OK,but I love that fresh cuke smell that some commercial products have.
It's a lovely soap that one.I know aussie soaps have buttermilk powder or you can find it in the health food store. :)

roadannii said:
I use Titanium Dioxide in all my Vanilla and Vanilla blend soaps and they turn out white every time?

Does this not work for anyone else?
absolutely not

lisa, i was thinking either to use all cucumber for the liquid or buying some buttermilk from the supermarket. i'm a bit from the school where if a little is good, then more must be better.....but seriously, it's also because i bought too many cucumbers....

wrt the buttermilk, it's something i've been wanting to try, so i want to get it anyway.

wow - that has really amazed me that it doesnt work for everyone else? I think I should consider myself VERY lucky now! :D

Latest posts

Back