Sunken spots!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrown123

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396292312.476551.jpg

Isn't this weird how just the pink portion of this soap has shrunken in? Any ideas as to why just one color would do this? I think it was tomato red with titanium dioxide and the whole batch had a tbsp of bentonite clay. Smells ok.... Hmmm.....

DId you use water to mix your pink up? If you did, it could be shrinking because it will evaporate more water. If you use different amounts of water to blend your micas, you can end up with different evaporation rates or if you use water for one color and oil for another, same thing. That would be my first guess on this without knowing anything else.

It's definitly in the color mixing portion. I don't think I added any water but the mica and oxides were mixed in almond oil. The tomato red doesn't mix well that way so it was either added directly to the batter OR added with water. I think you may be right! You are Brilliant! I won't do that again! Sheesh! Head slap!

Latest posts

Back