Suggestions for using Eucalyptus Lemon?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponif

Reaction score
I have quite a bit of eucalyptus lemon (eucalyptus citriodora) that I would like to use in CP soap. I was hoping to find some simple blends, but EO Calc doesn't have this as an option to search. Any suggestions for blends? TIA!

From Aromaweb.com "Tisserand and Young do not indicate any known hazards for Lemon Eucalyptus Oil." They also mention that it blends especially well with essential oils in the citrus, medicinal, wood and floral families. Some folks don't like the citronella note, but I like it as long as it's toned down a bit. I've mixed it with rosemary, possibly 50:50 but I would need to check.

I use Lemon eucalyptus a lot. I sub it for lemon essential oil. Direct sub. It sticks longer, has a gorgeous lemon scent and a bit of a euc scent at the back of the blend. I have had no trouble using it in place of straight lemon eo. One of my all time favorites, doesnt speed trace and really is just a long term sticker in cp.

I really like the smell of lemon eucalyptus, but it is one of those love it or hate it smells. I used to have a lemon eucalyptus tree right outside my bedroom window and certain of my friends said it smelled like cat pee. I know people use it a lot in mosquito/insect repellent.

Latest posts

Back