• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

splitting an order with a friend--advice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrairieCraft

Reaction score
I have been wanting to place a large order with soapers choice to avoid multiple shipping fees and the higher cost of buying in small quantities. I have an associate who needs some of the same oils that I do. If I buy the larger container at the lower per pound price do I pass that savings on to her. Do I need to provide the empty gallon containers for her product, should I charge her for them or should I just include that in the price? How about splitting the shipping charges? It won't cost anything to ship to her we work in the same office, but the shipping to me will be quite high. I don't want to get short changed on this but I also will feel bad if it's not fair.

I've done many coops before. Be open and honest about the price per ounce you pay and pass that savings on to her. I'm guessing you wouldn't buy the larger size if she wasn't going in with you, so she deserves the savings. Plus if she finds out later she may be annoyed that you weren't honest with her about the costs.

For shipping in this case I'd split the shipping 50/50, or I'd break it down by ounce. So if you buy 30 ounces and shipping is $1.00 for that item but you are getting 20 ounces and she is only getting 10 then she should pay $.33 for shipping on that item. I'd ask her what she wants to do about the bottles and let her make that decision.

Thanks so much for the advice, haven't ever done anything like this before. I'm usually a loner 8) I like the breaking shipping down by the oz since my portion will be so much more. I feel better about this situation now.

Back