Sorrel Root and Lady's Bedstraw for pink soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the info . I am going to copy and paste so I can try it out.
Now if I can get a soap cutter

Those are some great colors in soap! I was unable to find woad. I ordered it online and got some beige chips, which didn't work.

debbism said:
Thanks all! I'll have to post some of the swirl and multi color soaps as we have them ready.

In the meantime, WOAD is available here:

http://www.soap-making-resource.com/nat ... rants.html

Thanks, for this. I think the guy who runs this site has posted some tutorials on here before. I love all of your soaps. Amazing colors, everything you need. You've inspired me to look into the natural colorants more. I gave up because of the lack of blue and purple but apparently it can be done, and beautifully.

gorgeous colors, all of them!

did you use a woad infusion or woad powder at trace? absolutely beautiful, looks nothing like the grayish tones i've gotten from woad infusion. inspired to try again!

I added about 1/4 tsp woad powder at trace for a 2lb test batch. I used a recipe for rice bran oil soap:

Rice bran
virgin coconut
palm

Your work is absolutely amazing and inspiring! Forgive this ignorant question, but are you infusing the herbs into the same amount of oils you intend to use for your soap batch? Or do you add the infused oils at trace? Really amazing!

Not an ignorant question at all. I infuse the oils weeks ahead of time, then I just use the infused oils as the needed oils in the recipe. Makes it a lot simpler.

What I love about infusions is that you do not get scratchy soaps.

I enjoy a textured soap but I also love the silky feeling of a pure bar without any botanical additives scratching. I tend to make mostly textured soaps in order to get both color and extra exfoliation, but now I'll have to try your technique and see how it works for me. Again, wonderful! :D

wow

I was doing some research on natural colorants and I had to bump this thread!! I am so inspired by the beautiful colors you were able to achieve using only infusions. I'd love to see what you've done since the discussion in this thread ended.

I have a newbie question for the natural color experts out there. When making CP soap and using different techniques like swirling or layering, can you treat the natural colors the same as synthetic colors? I mean, do the natural colors stay separate or do they behave differently? Between all of the research I'm doing on the internet and through reading books, I can't find very much information on this subject.

Oh, you are sooooo talking my language. I only use natural colourants too. I did a bog myrtle one (infused in olive oil) that turned a lovely minty green. Do you find you get a better colour from infusing in oil first? I tend to add the powders at trace but I've been a bit disappointed in the lack of intensity from the colour.

Love the colors! Amazing! I haven't really tried using many natural colorants because I didn't think the colors would be bright enough and it would be too much of a hassle. Boy, was I wrong! I will definitely be exploring natural colorants in the future!

Latest posts

Back