Some of my soap attempts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommysoaper

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to the forum and have been actively soaping for less than a year, researching for longer. Anyway, I wanted to post a pic or two of some soaps I have been working on. I love soaping and want to do more, but know I have a lot to learn!

Let me know what you think please. The first pic is of a loaf of chocolate soap. My family loves that stuff! :smile: The second is a batch I made using plain CP embeds in the top layer, mica colorants and a blend of citrus EOs. My husband thinks it smells a bit like fruity pebbles! The last is a milk soap scented with lavender.

So glad I found this forum! Can't wait to pick all your brains for info!

Thanks!

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

Wow, they look awesome! I love the layers on the embed citrus and the nice hint of color on the lavender :)

I only used unsweetened cocoa powder to color the soap. I swear the soap smell like chocolate cake batter to me. My husband thinks it smells like fudge!

The chocolate chip looks like a dessert! I like how rustic and natural the lavender soap looks and the citrus one is very creative!

Lovely. When did you add the lavender buds? They haven't turned brown.

I didn't add the buds until I had molded it and the soap had firmed up a bit. I used a piece of plastic wrap to just push the buds into the top enough to keep them from falling off. I didn't put them throughout.

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments :-D My husband says they look great, but then I don't think he would want to hurt my feelings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back