Soapy Cakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I may have chosen the wrong forum to post this in. Mods if you need to move it I do understand.

Okay so here's my questions. For those of you who are making the soap cakes as well as the cupcake soaps how well are they being received in the market place? Are you selling exclusively the soap cakes or are you sell them side by side to your regular bars? I ask because the soap cakes have not been a bit hit in my area and before I try this again as cupcake soaps I kinda wanted to see what the success rate really is on these.

I know that Platypus Dreams has a built a business around them, but what about the rest of you?

Are your sales on these coming from the internet? Markets?

TIA - any and all input would really be helpful. Thanks

Lindy - do you think it would have a bit to do with who your clientelle r?? I doubt the nature lovers would like this type of thing one bit but to others they r amazzzing. YKWIM? If your regulars aren't into it then it would b like building your business from scratch again. I'd imagine there would b a healthy market for it. They look terrific. Not the type of soap I buy but I like the look of them ALOT.

I would possibly buy as a thank you gift, but wouldn't purchase for my own use.

Nattynoo - LOL - yeah my crowd likes usuable soaps and yet last year the rubber ducky's sold out in a flash and they do like cupcake bath bombs....

I too admire them but if I bought one I can't see me using it...

Lindy said:
Let me preface this by saying I may have chosen the wrong forum to post this in. Mods if you need to move it I do understand.

Okay so here's my questions. For those of you who are making the soap cakes as well as the cupcake soaps how well are they being received in the market place? Are you selling exclusively the soap cakes or are you sell them side by side to your regular bars? I ask because the soap cakes have not been a bit hit in my area and before I try this again as cupcake soaps I kinda wanted to see what the success rate really is on these.

I know that Platypus Dreams has a built a business around them, but what about the rest of you?

Are your sales on these coming from the internet? Markets?

TIA - any and all input would really be helpful. Thanks

Lindy
I sell cupcake soap mine are a softer soap on top so I do not sell them on my website do to the fact that they do not ship well. I do the local craft venues and they do sell but they are not my best seller. I do get a lot of people stopping and looking at them. I fine that they sell better around the holidays I think more for gift giving. As for the soap cakes not a big hit around here I have made a few bundt style cakes and a few pies to sell by the slice but they did not move well at all. I ended up giving a lot away and pitching the rest. Hope that helps.
Patti

Lindy said:
Nattynoo - LOL - yeah my crowd likes usuable soaps and yet last year the rubber ducky's sold out in a flash and they do like cupcake bath bombs....

I think that's the thing. People buy them as gifts! Just like cupcakes... :lol:

agriffin said:
Lindy said:

...& then sit them around like ornaments... my pet hate.
I'm going to make up a sticker soon for soap that says.... "This is NOT an ornament...USE IT already!!"

nattynoo said:
agriffin said:
Lindy said:

...& then sit them around like ornaments... my pet hate.
I'm going to make up a sticker soon for soap that says.... "This is NOT an ornament...USE IT already!!"

LOL Love it! :lol:

I like to look at them and admire the craftsmanship that went into the making of the soap cake but I wouldn't buy a slice. It's not a usable shape at all. Use them as a draw card to attract people to your table. :wink:

Latest posts

Back