Soapcalc Server Move

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SoapCalc Server Move
View Source
SoapCalc's current hosting server has experienced problems that require SoapCalc and others on the server to be moved to another server.

SoapCalc will be upgraded to a cloud based server system. Hopefully this will happen by the end of this week (10/31).

The new hosting site has all the latest hardware and software and promises to provide greater reliability and response time.

Expect a few glitches during this transition period.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

All the Best,

Ken

(copied from Liquid Soapers Yahoo Group)

Oh that's why.. Thank you for posting. I'm kinda freaking out coz it's the only one who has all my oils. cheers :)

Yes, it says "Server Error" for me through every link I have for them. I will post something as soon as I see Ken post something over on Liquid Soapers. If anyone needs alternatives for the duration, I can provide a partial list.

Same thing for me..its ok for me tho..I use Soapsheet {thank goodness its downloadable lol} but check SoapCalc from time to time.

It's here if anyone wants it:

http://millersoap.com/worksheet.html

Thankies for the info Susie :)

Last edited:
Ugh!!

I didn't know about the move and of course today I plan on making a new soap. I'm making an all coconut soap and none of the other calculator go above 10%. Anyone have any ideas...

Thanks!

Yes, it says "Server Error" for me through every link I have for them. I will post something as soon as I see Ken post something over on Liquid Soapers. If anyone needs alternatives for the duration, I can provide a partial list.

whew. This is a person who was scared of soap calc and now can't live without it. hahaha

Here is a great resource for calculating your lye and water amounts manually:

http://artisansoaps.blogspot.com/2010/05/calculating-sap-by-hand.html

Basically, in a condensed nutshell...

Step 1: List out your oils and their amounts that you want to use in your batch in both percent form and in oz. or gram form.

Step 2: Find the SAP value for each of the oils and fats. (you can find many SAP charts online)

Step 3: Multiply the weight of each oil by its particular SAP number and write the resulting sum down.

Step 4: Add up all the resulting sums in Step 3 to get the total lye amount needed to 100% saponify your oils/fats, and then write the total down.

Step 5: Now decide what % you want your superfat level to be, and then subtract it from the total lye amount sum you arrived at in Step 4.
Example- you need 200g of lye to saponify all your oils/fats @ 100% saponification (i.e., a 0% superfat), but you want a 5% superfat.
Simply subtract 5% from 200.......: 200 - 5%= 190. So you would need 190g of lye for your batch.

Step 6: Water amount: Below, decide what % you want your lye solution to be (i.e. your water to lye ratio). Just decide what concentration % you want to use and then do the appropriate multiplication written beside it:

Some Lye Concentration/Solution Strength values:

50% concentration/solution = Lye amount x 1.0= water amount
46.5% concentration = Lye amount x 1.15= water amount
45.45% concentration = Lye amount x 1.2= water amount
44.44% concentration= Lye amount x 1.25= water amount
43% concentration = Lye amount x 1.3= water amount
41.66% concentration Lye amount x 1.4= water amount
40% concentration = Lye amount x 1.5= water amount
38% concentration = Lye amount x 1.6= water amount
37% concentration = Lye amount x 1.7= water amount
36% concentration = Lye amount x 1.75= water amount
35.7% concentration = Lye amount x 1.8= water amount
34.5% concentration = Lye amount x 1.9= water amount
33% concentration = Lye amount x 2= water amount
32% concentration = Lye amount x 2.1= water amount
30% concentration = Lye amount x 2.3= water amount
27% concentration = Lye amount x 2.7= water amount
25% concentration = Lye amount x 3.1= water amount

IrishLass :)

Save at least one of those in your head for the ZA, in case all elec goes out...or print it out now while there is still time, and put it in your 'get outta town' bag :lol:

Back